Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique needed

Hi,

this is my first retouch after watching a dodge and burn dvd and i'd like to get some critique - what could be done better?

Thanks a lot!

Mike
    Attached Files

Re: Critique needed

There seems to be very little detail left in the image. The tones are very smooth... TOO smooth. Also the face/body have a different tone, and she has no boobs, which would be fine, but looking at the shadows in your image, the boobs should have a bit more shadow as well.

It looks ok, but needs to be at like 50%.

Comment

Re: Critique needed

At some point you have to consider how you want it to look rather than what some silly dvd told you to do. Otherwise who is really in control?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• SimonG
        Critique needed.
        by SimonG
        What do you think, guys?

One
        Two
        Three
        07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
      • polyester
        Critique needed here
        by polyester
        Hi, there. It's me again. I made a few more works and post one of them for critique. So, please, be strict.
        http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img912/6456/dWeJMr.jpg
        08-18-2015, 01:32 PM
      • i-inspire
        Critique needed
        by i-inspire
        I love this place, I am learning SO MUCH!
        This is my first retouch where I only used blur on the background - None on the face. Please don't comment on the cheesy background or the bad angle, I took this photo right when I got up because I wanted something that wouldn't be easy!
        So I...
        02-05-2008, 01:53 AM
      • DoubleXX
        Critique Away!
        by DoubleXX
        Hello all. I have just joined after many months of viewing the content of this excellent site and thought it was time to post something, get some critique and see where we go from there. Feel free to be as harsh (read honest) as you like - I will only take it constructively. Please see attachment....
        07-21-2011, 06:20 AM
      • r_dg
        Critique please!
        by r_dg
        ok so here i go with another retouch.

there's any blur in the image only a lot of dodge & burning, transforming, cloning, healing.. blah blah blah hehe

tell me what you think.

EDIT: i added a bit more contrast to the second image...
        01-09-2009, 01:21 AM
      Working...
      X