Skin work, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin work, what do you think?

Hi, here's a crop of a lips image before and after, what do you think of the skin work?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/margaret-allmond/8htg56

thanks!

MTesa

Re: Skin work, what do you think?

The lip line contains a small amount of the shadow portion that was there before, and it's a bit fuzzy. I would personally just leave the shadow. I would also adjust the portions toward the bottom of the image where the skin goes a bit reddish. The reflection at the very bottom of the lips is also quite distracting. I would blend that in.

The large reflection is really ragged. I think that would be difficult to fix, but it's not attractive in its current state. That part should have been addressed at the time it was shot by whoever shot it.

Overall, the hair removal is good. The rest of it is not as good. This stuff is not easy.

Comment

Re: Skin work, what do you think?

Thanks a lot for your analysis klev!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• c19h28O2
        Skin Skin Skin!
        by c19h28O2
        Guys,

I'm trying to learn to d&b but with this photo i'm having no luck. I keep trying on the left side of her cheek with a 50% soft light layer (as per Eismanns's book) but there is a lot of yellow when i zoom in and i'm not sure how to tackle it. i've tried sampling colors and...
        07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
      • switters
        Skin by the numbers?
        by switters
        I'm still struggling with skin tones. At this point the dilemma is how much to trust my eye, and how much to trust the recommended numbers. I've posted three images here as an example. The first is what looks good to my eyes. The second is what has the "appropriate" CMYK numbers according...
        01-14-2008, 07:44 AM
      • CFS
        Spotty skin
        by CFS
        Hello, thanks for all your suggestions, I've come a bit further (I think) and have added CFS027 which is my latest. Skin still looks a bit spotty and not as smooth as the original skin (under all the defects). Is there anything more that can be done to CFS027 to improve it? I'm still trying to pick...
        08-10-2005, 04:59 AM
      • P_fuzz
        this super smooth skin...
        by P_fuzz
        please tell me its not DnB only... or I'll be giving up retouching now!

http://www.jeffersondealmeida.com.br...-H.Stern1_.jpg

its a katie holmes picture for a jewellery ad... besides make up + great large octa and a long lens...
        09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
      • Carlos Williams
        Skin Work: Still new at this
        by Carlos Williams
        Let me know what I could improve on.

Andrea Skin Work by CDWphotography, on Flickr...
        03-08-2011, 11:31 PM
      Working...
      X