Head shot qualifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head shot qualifications

Here is a little background for you, I’m a technical theatre student in college, and from classes and experimenting I have some (be it limited) ideas about light angles when hitting people (as in goods and bads for different looks). For documentation of my works in my portfolio, I got a Nikon F80 and D100.

So a friend of mine asked me to take some pictures of her, since i like playing with my toys, and since they have me keys to the theatre building, i said sure.

Main point of posting here is to ask about theatrical headshots, and if this qualifies? and if there is anyone out the with info about the do’s and don’ts, I would love to here from you.
    Attached Files

Related Topics

Collapse

• starde
    I cant wrap my head around this shot.
    by starde
    Hey everyone, I've been trying to figure out how this shot was done. The lighting, the levitation of the girl, it's sublime. Please shed some light on this for me and others. Thank you so much.

http://500px.com/photo/17224895
    11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
  • Ricardo
    Creating steam in a shot
    by Ricardo
    Hi all,

I'm planning on doing a shot of a person in a steamy environment. Or at least I want to shoot them with steam behind them. The space is fairly confined and I want to keep the steam mostly behind them and not between them and the lens.

My initial idea was to use...
    08-05-2010, 09:18 PM
  • janie
    Any one want to take a shot at this?
    by janie
    I've worked this picture over and over and I can't get it right. A few things wrong with the photo, first the photographer - as parents we can't move once they start to compete, secondly, I shot it at a high ISO and couldn't tighten the apeture down without losing her - so the background is clearer...
    03-14-2008, 12:17 PM
  • Tube
    New Image i shot and retouched
    by Tube
    Hi

I was wondering what anyone thought of this image i shot. I have done some mild retouching, but more dodging and burning. The more subtle the better i think. Comments most welcome.

Regards

Tube

Cell: +44 (0) 7818435582...
    08-18-2004, 09:31 AM
  • SteveB2005
    Let's Try A New Shot of The Watch
    by SteveB2005
    Hey guys, ok, the watch image I posted was a dog, I know. So how about this before and after. I feel it's better from the camera, not perfect, but something to work with. I'm pretty good at jewelry, but watches are new and I have to learn anyway, so she's pristine and white as snow, Orange Co, here...
    01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Working...
X