Photo Manipulation - 3 images compiled into one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Manipulation - 3 images compiled into one

Ok, here's an image I did with a two-fold purpose. First, was done for mothers day, second, was done for a class assignment. Got to love it when you can accomplish two things with one work.
    Basically 3 diff. photos, compiled into one image. Only software used is Photoshop 5.5..... Scans were done on a SprintScan4000, final image printed out on hi-gloss photo paper at 13 x 17 on a 1270..... Framed, looks good. Any comments or more info wanted?

Donald

oops...

Here's the image :-)
    Attached Files

Comment

Donald,

A very nice piece of work! I'll bet she was happy with that one. Now that you've shown us a few examples of what you can do, I absolutely forbid you to leave -- *ever*!!

Ed

Comment

Wow!!!

You are definately a talented Photoshop user. That was very creative and you did it extremely well. You have a good eye for making items fit the lighting of a scene. You would never know that wasn't taken that way. I can't see any flaws at all. I am humbled by your expertise.
        DJ

Comment

don,

that is so cool. did she pose for it knowing what you were oging to do with it? great job.

Comment

bowing head....

Kathleen, DJ, Ed_L: I'm honored by your kind words and praise.... I've a long ways to go, but I'm finding this to be a nurturning and encouraging enviroement in which to share with others. Thank you, one and all. I've a long ways to go, to be in the same class as some of the other work I've seen on here by others (yourselves included). Guess I'll try one of the challanges now, to see how I measure up :-) It IS fun, if not overly profitable for myself, yet. Wondering how many ppl here actually do this as a full time occupation.... If you can call the editing/manipulation/restoration work..... I know the business side can be work, with forms, documentation, customers, etc..... But I find thd actual creative process quite enjoyable.... I'll sit down to work in the afternoon, and next thing I know, it's sometime in the early morning. But I do love they hours..... my own!

Cheers one and all,
            Donald

Comment

question posed...

kathleen,

Yes, she posed for the final image. I've included the 3 images I used for the final work. She thinks there might even be a market for this type of work. Took a 24 roll of images. These were the best 3. If I'd had more time, I'd have tried to set the shoot up in a more favorable location (lighting and backdrop). I prefer nature photography to ppl, but that comes from being an overly introverted individual :-) Cheers!

Donald
              Attached Files

Comment

Donald,

I wouldn't doubt at all that there might be a market for work of that type. But the problem, as I see it, would be the amount of time you would have to put into it, versus the amount someone would be willing to pay. That seems to be a universal problem with restorations (as well as other things), and I can see where you might have quite a bit more time involved making the shoot, then making the image. Added to that would be the cost of shooting a roll of film and processing (if that's the way you would do it).

Ed

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else, Donald. That's way cool!! What a creative idea. I can't see anything that I'd change. The lighting, color and contrast all look good to me. And the way you "inserted" your mom sitting in the chair looks seamless. Good work!

Jeanie

Comment

Ed: Cost vs. time is deffinately a consideration.... be more like charging to do a wedding, or baptism, etc.... Would be more of an "occasion" package or such. Print them up in a package, much as "glamour shots" are done. Only way I could see actually making any money at it. But human vanity is a very lucrative market, and I for one wouldn't mind having a few of the crumbs from said market. Got to eat some how.....

Jeanie: Thanks for the comments! Wish I could share the full sized, printed, matted, framed image. Going to enter it into a local art show in about a week or two... We'll see what the general public thinks.

P.S. Ed, I shoot everything on 35mm, and have the negatives developed at Wally World. Cost is about $2 for 24 roll. Then I just scan the ones I want at home. Light table comes in handy for selecting the ones I want. I'm pretty much digital from the negative onwards, and will get away from the film when performance/price fall within my wallet. The 35mm scanners are quite affordable in relation to performance, as are the newer ink-jet printers. When digital cameras fall into the same range, I'll go fully digital. I need a camera that'll do about 13+ megapixel resolution, or a 11x14 image at 300 dpi. I know, not wanting much

Cheers!
                    Donald

Comment

Outstanding job in blending the three photos! There are no clues that this photo wasn’t originally taken that way. It reminds me of a triple self-portrait done by Norman Rockwell. I can’t wait to see some of your challenge entries. With your creative flair, I bet you would really enjoy the manipulation challenges!

-T

Norman Rockwell Triple Self-Portrait
                      Last edited by T Paul; 10-02-2001, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Good luck at the art show Donald. I think you'll be turning a few heads there.

Ed

Comment

Exceptional piece of work!! Wonderfully natural. Tom

Comment

Don
                            Let us know how it does when you enter it in the local art show. I am dieing to know what everyone thinks of it. Especially people who arn't aware of this kind of manipulation art. I think you will get very good reviews on it.
                            DJ

Comment

Clever idea with superb execution! I'll be looking forward to see your next submission!

Comment