Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Moon

Post removed.
    Last edited by Toad; 07-22-2003, 08:53 PM.

Hi Toad

I like the colours of the sky and the skeleton tree. Is this creature in the middle howling at the moon? For all I know the composition is not quite right for me : too much empty space at left, the stump and the lying creature are a bit out of the image. The glowing eyes could be more glowing, even green or yellow to complement the purple-blue. The mountain colors suit the picture but they are there and not there (too low?). You only know what you wanted to end with so take my comments with a pinch of salt and no offense.

greets

gina

Comment

I should clarify what I am going for with the composition as everyone is remarking on it. The composition is intended to establish a triangle of tension - a fairly classic theme in symbolic art (eg: The Lovers Tarot Card).

The cowled figure stares at the creature on the left - the creature on the left stares at the creature on the right - the creature on the right stares at the cowled figure. A closed triangle of tension or a Mexican Standoff.

The creature on the right is intended to be only slightly visible - to give the impression of an indeterminate number of creatures. I experimented with many positionings and I was most happy with him/it being only faintly visible.

The empty landscape and low mountain is intended to establish the empty blasted heath look that I thought was important for this shot.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Sorry guys

It's of course the space to the right that I was talking about.
        The right side of the picture

gina

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ken Rogers
          Another Baker shot
          by Ken Rogers
          Here is yet another picture of Mount Baker from me. I like this shot very much, because it was a gorgeous sunny day, and I seldom take such sharply focused pictures. I would like your critique/help with the foreground terrain especially, and anything else you might feel needs work.

02-12-2006, 08:48 AM
        • kathleen
          old courthouse
          by kathleen
          i have worked on this a good while and think i am done, but i would appreciate your input.

i am most concerned about
          1 whether it appears straight,
          2 the two trees - there was not much in the original but fluff - do i need to do more (or less?)
          3 i know you're not...
          07-19-2003, 05:14 PM
        • Bloodnok
          Back for more...
          by Bloodnok
          Hi everyone, I'm back again. I've received so much helpful advice on this forum that I would like to present another image for your criticism.

Picture here

This is a picture taken in the Lowry Centre in Manchester, UK. This building is a wonderful example of modern architecture,...
          07-02-2006, 01:36 PM
        • Jon Foster
          How Did I Do On This One?
          by Jon Foster
          Here's a restoration I just spent a few hours doing. The original is some sort of lapel pin measuring about 2 x 2.5". The picture is glued into the back of the pin which is about .25" deep and can't be removed without destroying what's left of it. I tried to scan it but of course it didn't...
          03-11-2006, 10:55 PM
        • Legacy~Art
          Signatures
          by Legacy~Art
          Not sure where this should have gone, but i shall add here your welcome to move this if needed Danny.

Ok i would like to know where is a signature suppose to go, being left handed i prefer to add to the left side of the paintings etc, but i am told its suppose to be on the right side...
          11-25-2005, 04:43 AM
        Working...
        X