Comments please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments please!

This is a passport size photo of my Mum & Dad, the original in the middle, restoration to the left & colourization to the right. I would appreciate some feed back & any pointers of how i could improve it. Thanks all.
    Attached Files

I think you did a great job on the restoration!
    The coloring looks off though.
    If you're interested, here's a tutorial for coloring that produces some really good results.
    http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161015

Here's a version I did, using that technique:
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree good job on fixing the damage. The color one is off, its overly saturated. The color on the face is all one color. That tutorial is a good one. Make sure that you take that color out of the eyes.

As for the restored B&W, again good job on the damage now all it needs is more snap. The photo is muddy. The darker shades need more density.

Comment

thanks!

Thank you both for your input. I have only been doing this sorta stuff for a couple of months, so i'm still learning alot. Vikki, your version was astounding, when i get time, i'll try that method, there were a few more good tutorials on that site too that were very helpful.i agree that my restored version is "muddy" a bit more work needed there! But your comments have helped me a lot, & are greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Paulie
          thanks!
          by Paulie
          Thank you both for your input. I have only been doing this sorta stuff for a couple of months, so i'm still learning alot. Vikki, your version was astounding, when i get time, i'll try that method, there were a few more good tutorials on that site too that were very helpful.i agree that my restored...
          09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
        • nvslater
          Need advice on restored/colorized photo
          by nvslater
          I have an old picture, that I am enclosing, it is from the 1840's. The wife's relative, so the pressure is on.This message will have the orginal, the next will have my restoration. I cut everthing, then color them separely. Herein is my problem, because it takes alot of time doing the pictures this...
          10-13-2003, 10:13 PM
        • Nu2retouch
          Grandparents Restoration
          by Nu2retouch
          On a recent trip home, I found an old picture of my grandparents. It was in pretty bad shape, and I thought about restoring it. I really haven't done this before, but this photo gave me the inspiration to try.

I have PSE6 and really only use it to tweak my digital pics, so this was a...
          11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
        • Ken Rogers
          A Family Restoration
          by Ken Rogers
          This photo was recently discovered by my mother, tucked inside an antique silver photo frame behind another photo. It was shot in 1915 and the infant is my grandmother. I am in the process of restoring it to fill a 4x6 print.

In my opinion the original was in great shape, aside from...
          06-17-2005, 11:13 PM
        • RamonaMarie
          My first photo
          by RamonaMarie
          I'm taking the plunge. Just going to put myself out there. What did Eleanor Roosevelt say? Something about facing your fear? Well, here goes. It's my first attempt after watching the VTC.com Photoshop Restoration tutorial. I only used the healing and patch tools really. I think there was some...
          10-02-2005, 03:13 PM
        Working...
        X