Comments please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments please!

This is a passport size photo of my Mum & Dad, the original in the middle, restoration to the left & colourization to the right. I would appreciate some feed back & any pointers of how i could improve it. Thanks all.
    Attached Files

I think you did a great job on the restoration!
    The coloring looks off though.
    If you're interested, here's a tutorial for coloring that produces some really good results.
    http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161015

Here's a version I did, using that technique:
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree good job on fixing the damage. The color one is off, its overly saturated. The color on the face is all one color. That tutorial is a good one. Make sure that you take that color out of the eyes.

As for the restored B&W, again good job on the damage now all it needs is more snap. The photo is muddy. The darker shades need more density.

Comment

thanks!

Thank you both for your input. I have only been doing this sorta stuff for a couple of months, so i'm still learning alot. Vikki, your version was astounding, when i get time, i'll try that method, there were a few more good tutorials on that site too that were very helpful.i agree that my restored version is "muddy" a bit more work needed there! But your comments have helped me a lot, & are greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X