No announcement yet.

Critique Fantasy Photo?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• smiley guy
    hair replacement critique
    smiley guy
    Just wanted to get some feedback on this hair replacement job. Things I could have done better or any problems you might see. Thanks for your time....
    05-12-2006, 10:09 AM
  • AnnaAlef
    Critique please!
    AnnaAlef
    Hi! Before/after http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/img1103ox.jpg/
    04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
  • LightFantastic
    Face/fantasy "retouch"
    LightFantastic
    Please provide any feedback on the attached retouch.

Please note that this is not for fashion or beauty (of course). Also, it was a personal project. Thanks!

11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
  • pixulz
    my first colorization
    pixulz
    hi all...this is my first attempt at colorizing a b&w photo...
    how does it look? any suggestions on how to improve it
    would be much appreciated...thanks.

-ramel-...
    08-13-2005, 09:24 PM
  • kneff
    Face blending and hair highlighting
    kneff
    Okay, I have PS CS3 and i have photos to retouch. My two biggest hangups with retouching glamour photos are the skin blending and drawing/highlighting hair.
    I do about 90% of my photo retouching from just plain photos...non-professional. So, I have to get rid of shadows on the face and blend...
    08-21-2007, 12:22 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique Fantasy Photo?

Hi Guys, I'm trying to better my photo retouching skills and retouching practice photos. Can you give me some feedback so I can get better please?

https://ibb.co/nQkAoo

Thanks!
    Image winter Witch before after hosted in imgbb.com

I like the face and crown, the skin, lips, looks a bit rough but I like it, I think it suits in this picture, the hair needs some work, for me, it looks worst than the original, looks blurry and roughly cut.
    As a personal opinion, maybe try a little more exposure and a little bit of a warm tone on the background.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
      I like the face and crown, the skin, lips, looks a bit rough but I like it, I think it suits in this picture, the hair needs some work, for me, it looks worst than the original, looks blurry and roughly cut.
      As a personal opinion, maybe try a little more exposure and a little bit of a warm tone on the background.

Cheers!

You are completely right about the hair being borked. Ive fixed a lot of the hair, and also took your advice on the bg.

V2. https://ibb.co/eiwpET

Thanks!
      Image winter Witch before after hosted in imgbb.com

Comment

Better with the hair, about the background the exposure I mentioned it's because you add quite an exposure to the face, if you don't match it with the background it looks more pasted.

I made a fast visual example, my english is not so good so this maybe can help to explain my point XD( i didn't expose the face that much but I think it works as an example anyway)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/848/41916382580_be9d3d3ae1_c.jpg

Cheers!

Comment

Often these questions come down to taste and what your goals are with the image. So I can tell you what I would go after first, but you may prefer a different look.

The first thing I would do is clean up the skin so we see less roughness. The chin area has the most prominent issues. I would also hit the bigger roughness on the lips. I would smooth the blue makeup lines into the shape I wanted. Then dodging and burning the features and shadows on the face to taste.

The next set of choices go to the color in the image. I would decide on the skintone direction first and even out the colors so whichever way you go, it isn't blotchy.. Do you want a more pleasing natural skintone or are you after a more white to icy-blue color range? Does the hair go to a more warm or more cool direction? Right now, the image is a bit in the luke-warm-in-between range. I would be decisive. Once the subjects coloring is chosen, I would shift the background in either an analogous (or perhaps even the same range of hues) or go with a complimentary color.

Overall, I think the image would benefit from more contrast both in tonality and color.

Comment

Hi, Beautiful photo. Her skin needs a bit of retouching or smoothing. Also, some dodging and burning will help with the lighting on the face. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X