Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very very new to retouching. Feedback welcomed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very very new to retouching. Feedback welcomed!

I've done some research and compiled all the information I learned and applied it to this image. I know its easy to go overboard and I have yet still to train my eye but here is my first attempt at retouch! Feedback welcomed!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Looks good, very tastefully done. Perhaps some of the skin may be too smooth. You need to preserve (or introduce) some texture or it looks like formed plastic. Hard to judge on these lowrez images. But I love the way you didn't remove every little flaw in the face so it retains a "natural" look.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thank you! Ok, good to know. Thought I maybe went a lil overboard ha.
      What kind of technique would you recommend to use/look into?

Comment

Depends on the look you are going for. The technique that gives the most realistic finished image is, imho, zooming in to pore level and dodge/burn individual spots. Check out any of the beauty retouching vids on the Youtube channel by Chris Tarantino, Amy Dresser, and Lee Varis
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I really like more natural looks. But to be honest, I'm just trying to expand my knowledge so thank you for the recommendations! Definitely going to check them out!
          Any other videos or blogs you recommend for a novice? lol.

Comment

First, fantastic job. Retouching men is a touchy thing, keep texture or remove it.. I think you nailed it! I think you contoured in the right spots, Maybe a little to far on the lower jaw but it's still ok. You kept texture and its awesome! as for the lower neck area, a little D&B instead of cloning and all would be good. That's the only flaw i see. you could color treat this image in so many ways that would be awesome. but it speaks words in your skills and attention to detail as is.

Comment