Violin Musican - Young Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violin Musican - Young Boy

This was picture that was taken at an St. James Art Fair here in Louisville KY. I have started to work with Photoartmaster. I would like to know what others think.
    Thank you
    Bob Spencer
    Attached Files

Bob,

Excellent work! Nice composition and color. I like the effect a lot. My only nit is the person in the background to the right is out of place and a bit distracting. Cloning them out before doing your magic in PAM might have produced a more powerful result.

Catia

Comment

I agree, nice work. I also agree that the guy in distracting but I would take it one step further and change the whole background, mainly at the top. I dont like the pure white. I also think the peice is too contrasty. You seem to be losing detail in the shadows and highlights.

In viewing this on my laptop so I might be wrong. Good Job on this one and I think with a little tweaking it can be a Great Job. Good Luck.

Comment

Bob,

I really like this picture -- a lot! When I first looked at it, what caught my eye was the intensity of the boy looking at page of sheet music, which was clearly visible.

The color and shape contrasts work well, but I would have to agree with Catia that the person on the right is distracting. I think that to make this pop, the person would need to be replaced with some colorful geometric blocks.

The highlight on the bottom of the violin that is blown-out also distracted me a little. I know that in the photo it was probably a reflection of the sleeve in the gloss, but it leads my eyes away from the subject.

Keep up the work!
        -Jeff

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• NiteOwl
          Photo Montage: Amanda
          by NiteOwl
          I am only adding the link for this, as the size is quite huge. I try and pull out the personality of each person that I do one of these for, and try to come up with something totally new and original for each one. I tried to pull in some music effects because she is involved in a chorus which travels...
          07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
        • RichardBrackin
          Before and After - Winter Scene
          by RichardBrackin
          I suppose this is the right place for this ...

I haven't been a member here long but I have enjoyed looking at everyone's work and wanted to share with you a job we did recently for a series of airport wall murals in Vermont to get your opinions.
          The customer sent us a drum scan...
          06-02-2005, 10:21 AM
        • Rexx
          I don't think this looks natural, but...
          by Rexx
          First I'd like to ask if there are any Alice Cooper fans here. On his "Goes to Hell" he sings "How many said, I wonder what happened to Alice?"

Well in case you haven't noticed I've been away. Starting a new project at work coincided with my getting my new Minolta...
          07-10-2004, 01:16 PM
        • Jon Foster
          How Did I Do On This One?
          by Jon Foster
          Here's a restoration I just spent a few hours doing. The original is some sort of lapel pin measuring about 2 x 2.5". The picture is glued into the back of the pin which is about .25" deep and can't be removed without destroying what's left of it. I tried to scan it but of course it didn't...
          03-11-2006, 11:55 PM
        • voidsource
          Critique
          by voidsource
          While im new here and im a photoshop enthusiast ( not sure if i spelled that correctly ) I ran into ur site. U guys seem to be updated and active. I have brought some of my work to see where you guys think i stand as far as level of skill that i have. My goal is to know and try to bump my game up some...
          04-22-2013, 12:02 AM
        Working...
        X