At a wedding feast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a wedding feast

I took some pic of my nephew at a wedding feast.

original

I couldn't use a flash...so settings are about this.
    (F number=3.2, Shutter Speed= 13/1 sec, White Balance=Auto)

As you see, in the layer pallete below, I've adjusted its brightness and contrast with mask. Then because his face looks somewhat flat, I made an adjustment layer with mask for face contour.

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~venivedi/...yerpallete.gif

By the way, strange to say, his appearance is not to my fancy after retouching. His cute appearance has faded a lot.(I know this is so subjective ^^;;

# additional question : Which way do you prefer in this case
    I mean the top right corner window...it distracted my eye.
    *Clone Stamping or Cropping?

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~venivedi/...018cropped.jpg

Any suggestions and critics would be welcome.
    p.s. If you need original one, please let me know.

Sorry. I fixed the link. ^^;;;
    Last edited by venivedi; 11-27-2003, 07:33 PM.

I get an error when I try to open your second link...

Comment

hello people.. my first post of this forum (So Happy this place exists - "Pro restoration artist")

OK.. I am currently at home and can not judge colour on my setup but would have to say i like the detail you brought back into the picture - like in the eyes - however feel magenta in the highlight takes away some of the warmth in the picture. Being dinner time i would retain the warmer highlight of a lightbulb light room to bring back that feeling you feel its missing.

And i like the recrop better :P

Comment

Leah : I've fixed the link.(broken because of 'typo' ^^;;
        Revilo : Thank you. I am going to change its white blance.

Thanks a lot. And feel free to make more critics and suggestions. ^^

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bkpoltis
          Help needed with 1974 wedding photo
          by bkpoltis
          Hi all,

This is my first post. I have been scanning through some of the posts. There is so much here, that it is quite overwhelming! So much knowledge in one place.

This is my wedding picture from 1974. It has been displayed since then, but not in direct sunlight. I have...
          11-18-2005, 07:57 AM
        • Artmy
          Help for Highly Unphotogenic bride
          by Artmy
          Hi all,
          I'm new to this board. I work designing fashion jewelry, but recently developed an interest in photography. So I am glad to have found this board.

But my question is regarding wedding pictures. I will be getting married soon, but am almost hating the photo sessions. I...
          05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
        • comtradr
          Help! Newbie just got a wedding at a CClub
          by comtradr
          Hello everyone,

New to posting but been lurking for a couple of months. I am amazed at the level of quality work you guys and gals produce. I only hope that I'll be half as good real soon. Oh yea, like in a month soon. I got a wedding at a country club for first week in August....
          06-30-2005, 09:56 PM
        • BigAl
          Wedding
          by BigAl
          Ok, Greg - I'll be the guinea pig. This was a real rush job I had this weekend. One of my students wanted this pic of her parents retouched/restored for her parents 25th wedding anniversary. My mission
          • * Remove the lady on the right
            * Clean up the pic
            * Try to get it to A4 in size

06-03-2003, 10:47 AM
        • randyjr
          1960 wedding picture
          by randyjr
          My Aunt has 1 picture of her wedding and I cant get it right can someone please email me and give me a hand I really need a hand with this pic
          I also attached the picture after I did what I could with it. I resized the picture I did but gave a link to my virtual desktop so if someone wants they...
          03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
        Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎