playing with painter 8, knight photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing with painter 8, knight photo

I just got this new background painted from a friend, mother-in-law made the costumes. Wanted to get an opionion on the painting effect on my son and if you think it goes with the background good.
    Attached Files

Hi

I think the background works great. Do you think the subject stands out a little too sharply against the background? Maybe feather the edges or try a very subtle drop shadow?

Cheers
    Duv

Comment

Hi all new here to me it looks like you should have shown more of the prop
      Just a thought

Comment

I like the concept and I think the background works great.

Trying to get so much background, to me, resulted in an image that took a little away from your primary objective: a great shot of the knight. I agree with Eman about the prop.

A little drop shadow would make the overall effect look a little more natural, too. (good call, Duv)

Overall, this is a winning concept.

~Danny~
        Attached Files

Comment

If you're doing this kind of thing commercially or even just for friends and relatives, I think this has a lot of potential for a "photo-art" look, too.
          Attached Files

Comment

That was an excellent job, how much of his outfit did you paint?

I disagree about the dropshadow though. Studio photographers go to a lot of trouble to avoid getting shadows on their backdrops, so retouchers shouldn't be going in and adding them. I don't think it makes it look any more natural. If anything, you could blur a background if it is too busy.

Comment

Working...
            X