Me, 50 years old older...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, 50 years old older...

This is my very first test of trying to make myself older. I'm not 100% happy with the result, but for a first try, I think its not bad

Please if you have any hints for me , they are more then welcome.
    Attached Files

Hi Hugo

Nice Job! Maybe just a couple of ideas. The only thing that rises when we get older is our hairline. We tend to get more "jowly" which can also cause our eyebrows and even the corner of our eyes to lower. Our lips tend to get greyer as we get older and the crease on the chin I thought was a little too low. This crease often happens over time with the normal movement of the mouth. The hair should be cropped back to reflect a more mature lifestyle.
    Just some thoughts but what you have done is terrific!!

Cheers
    Duv
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply. I ll take your comments in consideration. THe lips detail is true. And so is the hair.

I did it by taking a picture of my grand father, putting it in Soft Light, making a layer mask, hiding the unwanted parts.

Is there a better way that I could try ?

Comment

Duv brought up some interesting points. My initial reaction to your retouched version was that it portrayed an older woman. This is no reflection on you, since your actual look is unambiguously male. With Duv's adjustments, the older male cues are more evident.

Also, the glasses look a bit small and just a little off, fit-wise.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

You are the second person to tell me that. Strange since I took my grand father to older myself

AS I said, I'm sure my technique for doing that is terribly wrong, thats why I was hoping someone would come with a better one

Thanks for replying

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo Leveille
            Hey thanks for the reply. I ll take your comments in consideration. THe lips detail is true. And so is the hair.

I did it by taking a picture of my grand father, putting it in Soft Light, making a layer mask, hiding the unwanted parts.

Is there a better way that I could try ?
            Hugo

I don't think there is anything wrong with your technique. In fact, I can't think of a better way to accomplish what you did. The overlay of wrinkles seems very convincing to me. You might try cloning old skin onto your composite to get stronger wrinkle detail. My suggestions were just to make the image more convincing. I guess there's a question here: Why do you feel your technique is coming up short of your expectations?

Cheers
            Duv

Comment

Hugo,

My inital reaction was also that the older person was a woman! There is something about the mouth. Very strange, as you haven't changed the lips! It is perhaps caused by the missing "jowly" look that Duv mentions. A young chin on an old face looks like an old lady?

But my chief concern is the glasses. If you are not wearing glasses now, but expect to do so in 50 years, those glasses will have a +2 or +3 diopter! (Just wait! ) You should enlarge what is inside the frame, and preferably distor using liquify or something.

Remember the hand(s) too!

Comment

I realize you have to work with what you have available but a pair of spectacles or reading glasses half way down the nose might be a convincing way to go. Also, as we get older, we develop bags and discoloration under the eyes. I should know!

Cheers
                Duv
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, thanks for sharing these tips, now I see that samll details add alot the the image.

But now I just don't want to get old anymore !

Comment

Hey, it's a lot of fun playing with all that loose skin!

Cheers
                    Duv

Comment

You may be interested in this pic from the gallery.

Comment

Wow

What a nice image. I'll sure try putting the layer in luminosity mode onstead of soft light. The overlay layer is a nice one too.

Is this guy still around this board ?

Comment

Working...
                        X