Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Upload

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a beginner at this so please be gentle with me. I work with photoshop elements 2 along with Richard Lynch's hidden power tools. I have just scanned in an old picture of mine to try my hand at cutting out and altering the background. I would like some feedback please ( Am I on the right track or not).
    Albert.
    Attached Files

You did a great job of replacing the background.
    My only suggestion would be the color of the background. I'm not sure what sort of look you are going for, but I think a different color would make their skin look better. Perhaps something like this?
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank's Vikki,
      Having seen your work in lots of posts I take that as a compliment. You're quite right, in that your choice of colours are much better suited to the subjects.Just glad I didn't mess up the upload,it will give me more confidence to participate further in the forums.
      Albert.

Comment

Just one thing Albert, the images are a bit small to really see any detail in, is this due to original image size, or have you just resized them for a quick upload. If the latter, try to make them a little larger for future posts please.
        But your work looks good as far as I can see, I agree about the background colour, subtle is best.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• alreese83
          Background Ideas
          by alreese83
          Any ideas on what to do with the background of this image?

Original

In Progress Edit

It's really distracting. I want to keep the setting true to the original, well rather as realistic as possible. Like I don't want to place the subjects in an entirely different...
          06-27-2016, 03:27 PM
        • SexyFox
          Comments for my first upload
          by SexyFox
          Hey everyone,

This is my first image I am uploading hoping to receive tips and suggestions to help me become better in retouching photos. This is not my best work, and I wish I could become more consistent; however, I believe the quality of the picture depends on how the model was shoot....
          08-04-2009, 11:25 AM
        • yyhow
          Complicated Background Extension
          by yyhow
          Hey guys, my first time posting on this forum.
          I've messed around with this image for quite some time and I have no where else to turn to.

So originally this image was in a portrait layout and I want to switch it to landscape. So I've copied and pasted to extend the background....
          10-14-2014, 05:20 AM
        • MBChamberlain
          Just isn't looking right...
          by MBChamberlain
          I'm trying to get this image ready for a video I'm working on, the original is too narrow to work, so I'm trying to work in a different background. I chose this background because the lighting is coming in at almost the right angle, but something just doesn't look right and I can't figure out what...
          03-18-2005, 09:00 AM
        • Toad
          Point of No Return
          by Toad
          Post Removed
          06-28-2003, 05:11 PM
        Working...
        X