Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Photo

Hi all,

I've done this photo of a leaf with some Photoshop work. I'm thinking of doing a A3 size print and frame it.

What fo you guys and gals think? Am I a bit to optimistic here or is there potential?

Thanks
    ChaPPy
    Attached Files

It's a beautiful picture. I'm kind of partial to water droplets and dew drop shots.
    Is the original the same size as the JPEG you attached to your message?
    If so, I make that out to be about 40ppi at A3 (11.7" x 16.5") output size. You can go pretty low resolution and still get a nice print, but I've never tried printing on paper at less than 105ppi.
    If you have an inkjet printer you could size it for A3 and print a sample section to see how it will look before spending the cash on a large format proof.

Comment

Nope - the original image is much bigger. I'm more hoping the visual impact is good for a poster.

Thanks

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mcfly201
        Whats the best way to print large using AHB?
        by mcfly201
        Hi there

I'm fairly new at using the AHB and have been learning some great techniques from reading some of the forums.

I've decided to do a watercolor painting of my parents house and am going to get it printed as large as possible, maybe a 32x20 inch print on photo paper....
        12-24-2009, 01:48 AM
      • pjb
        printing right size picture
        by pjb
        This might sound stupid but after redoing a photo what would be the right size in the image size (like photoshop) to print a 8x10 and 5x6?
        I'm having a hard time to get it to fit a frame right.
        Example 4.975x5.76 for a 5x6

Thanks for anyone help.
        03-06-2003, 04:51 PM
      • Eric Polsinelli
        Print sizes
        by Eric Polsinelli
        What print sizes above 8x10 inches are your most popular for your clients (or more practical for that matter)?

I want to invest in some paper, but I don't want to invest a FORTUNE into paper just yet.

Regards,

EricP
        www.perfectpictureimaging.ca
        02-03-2003, 03:54 PM
      • P_fuzz
        Increasing size of pic for pro Printing?
        by P_fuzz
        hi,

I am about to do a little exhibition and the print lab says it only needs the pic @ 200 dpi on final dimensions
        However I want it bigger?

My question is how much would I be able to increase the size of said TIFF file without loosing much quality?

01-31-2009, 09:54 AM
      • maverick911
        Problem centralising print in Photoshop
        by maverick911
        I am printing on A4 with an image size of 18cm x 25cm to an Epson 950 Photo printer, but I cannot get the image consistently in the centre of the paper despite checking the centre image box. Image is often ofset to one side on the long side, but not always?
        Any suggestions please?
        05-16-2007, 04:20 AM
      Working...
      X