Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seperating old black &white negatives

hi
    i have a collection of old B&W negatives which are badly stuck togather any suggestions how to seperate them
    thanks

Re: seperating old black &white negatives

A glass baking pan or photo tray. Distilled water alone would probably do the trick. Just let them soak. They can soak all they need to without damage, let them fall apart on their own. They will probably turn a milky purple color but will dry down to normal. There used to be a product made called PhotoFlow and you dipped your wet negs in it before you would hang them to dry. The solution would keep water spots from forming on your negs as they dried. I am sure they still make it and I would suggest using that as well. Probably some place like Photorgaphers Formulary would have it.
    Good luck.

c

Comment

Re: seperating old black &white negatives

Originally posted by Sweetlight View Post
      A glass baking pan or photo tray. Distilled water alone would probably do the trick. Just let them soak. They can soak all they need to without damage, let them fall apart on their own. They will probably turn a milky purple color but will dry down to normal. There used to be a product made called PhotoFlow and you dipped your wet negs in it before you would hang them to dry. The solution would keep water spots from forming on your negs as they dried. I am sure they still make it and I would suggest using that as well. Probably some place like Photorgaphers Formulary would have it.
      Good luck.

c
      thanks i tried that but they are not getting detached most of the are from 1930's
      somebody suggested photo hardner.do you think it works???
      thanks one again

Comment

Working...
      X