Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing photos from a Harding's Album - 1871

Hello,
    I recently acquired a Harding's Flexible Chain Back Album and it was put together in 1871. I am trying to remove the photos, but when I do, I seem to be ripping the paper. The photos are not glued down, but seem to be stuck. Can anyone help me with this problem.

Thanks.

Re: removing photos from a Harding's Album - 1871

I am wondering why you need to remove the photos? I am assuming that they are as antique as the album they are housed in- are they? Can you provide more info about the album/photos and what you are wanting to do with them.

Comment

Hello,
      Thanks for responding to my e-mail. You are right about that it is probably best not to remove the photos. Unfortunately, the album belongs to my aunt and she would like it back. Myself and my siblings would all like copies of the photos.

Comment

hi,
        Is there a issue of just leaving the pictures on the album page and scan the whole page....? if that not feasable..... another idea is with a good high resolution camera/lens take a picture of the pictures... if you don't have a camera/lens that will do a good job you can take it to a photography studio or if there a good local photography club some one there can probably help you do this...
        Originally posted by Lindberg View Post
        Hello,
        Thanks for responding to my e-mail. You are right about that it is probably best not to remove the photos. Unfortunately, the album belongs to my aunt and she would like it back. Myself and my siblings would all like copies of the photos.

Comment