No announcement yet.

Old photos

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• annieprime
    copies of old photos
    by annieprime
    I live in South Florida and I need a place to have some old photos reproducted to give to my children and to show. That way I will preserve the old originals. Any place to take them that is reliable?
    Ann
    07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
  • tuco1977
    Buying digitized old damaged photos
    by tuco1977
    Hi All, I am looking to buy some old (30's, 40's, 50's, 60's) digitized photographs which would be faded, torn and generally damaged. I need these in order to have material on which to practice restoration. I've been given sound advice to look at antiques shops and flea markets, and I will. At the same...
    09-03-2011, 01:58 AM
  • cookedmouse
    Accepting donations of old and damaged photos
    by cookedmouse
    I am kindly asking for donation of old photos that needs repair. The reason is because I'm planning to start a retouching business and I need something to put in my portfolio.

If you would like to donate the photos and give me permissions to post on my website, please email me at...
    02-16-2010, 01:44 AM
  • zganie
    old photos
    by zganie
    how many people are doing restoration of old/antique photographs for a living

just curious zganie
    03-03-2007, 03:31 AM
  • Lynda99
    Storage of old photos
    by Lynda99
    I need to buy new acid free boxes and envelopes for old family photos.

Should I buy the mildly alkaline type? It makes sense to put them in an alkaline environment, but I thought I'd get some expert opinions.

Also, I already have opaque Mylar large envelopes (silver colored)....
    08-12-2008, 06:46 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old photos

Can anyone tell me where I can get free old/damaged photos to "practice" on?

Re: Old photos

Have you checked out these?
    http://www.retouchpro.com/archive/
    http://www.retouchpro.com/challenges/index.php/cat/506

Peter

Comment

Here is another interesting link to Life's public collection. They are not badly damaged, but make for good practice for adjusting minor issues, like contrast, sharpness, etc.

Life photo archive on Google

Comment

I have gone into antique stores and looked around. Lots of them have boxes of old portraits for sale, the more they are damaged the cheaper they are. I bought a handful of them for something like 25 cents each.

Its a good selling tool to be able to show the original print and your efforts side by side.

Comment

great, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X