• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
    Careful of the Hair
    by thomasgeorge
    In browsing thru some literature I came across an interesting and bit of info I thought might be of some use. This concerns the importiance of hair style--especially when working on photos from the 1840 thru approx 1860-1890 period and possibly a bit later regarding children. During this time period,...
    10-31-2001, 07:42 PM
  • Ed_L
    Ambrotype and gender stuff
    by Ed_L
    This is another post that really doesn't fit into another category, and since it does pertain to learning, I'm posting it here.

Another thread prompted this one. Since an ambrotype can be laterally correct or laterally reversed, I assume that happens because of the direction of the glass...
    01-06-2002, 12:16 PM
  • thomasgeorge
    1885-1920 Modern photos emerge
    by thomasgeorge
    There is really nothing magic about the date 1885, except that around this time photography began to evolve into the state we know it today. Prior to this time, the Albumen Photograph ruled as the foremost photographic technique, but waiting in the wings, largely due to advances in making dry plate...
    04-05-2002, 12:02 PM
  • jeaniesa
    Authentic colorizations?
    by jeaniesa
    Another question on my mind has to do with how much (if any) research you do to determine appropriate colors for the time period of the photo you're working on. Re: my grandparents' wedding photo, I like the blue version for the same reason others mentioned: it brings out their eyes and skintones....
    08-31-2001, 10:19 AM
  • thomasgeorge
    Dresses and Kids
    by thomasgeorge
    A bit more browsing thru various literature turned up a point I thought might be of some interest-- up to at least the 1890's boys as old as 8 might, at the preference of their mothers, be photographed not in knee length pants but in dresses. Again, look to the part in the hair for gender info if unsure--...
    11-01-2001, 08:44 PM
Working...
X