photos from early 1900's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photos from early 1900's

what would is the best way to archive prints from early 1900's (1894 earliest date and appear to be fibre prints)... also some are faded - is it better to photograph or scan them. if scan, what scanner is recommended? if photograph, can you detail how to set up camera, lights, etc. the majority of the images are smaller than 9x12. there are also images that are printed on tin.
    this is a collection from a non-for profit organization i am working with and
    many of the images will be framed for display in their buildings.

thanks!
    domenica

Related Topics

Collapse

• Class
    Good Large Format Scanner: Mounted Photos, Other?
    by Class
    I have a large collection of vintage images, including tin types, cabinet cards, glass slides, 2 x 2 slides, polaroids, various negatives and so on. I am looking to digitize these for the purpose of printing the resulting images. The printing will be completed by a third party so all I need to concern...
    05-02-2013, 10:37 PM
  • Alison
    Photos
    by Alison
    Remember those cameras that produced an image in 30/60 seconds ... does any one know how well they restore ? I used to have one of these old cameras and found some of the prints today whilst I was looking for something else
    07-20-2007, 06:25 AM
  • maverick911
    Dissapointing Prints from Restored Images
    by maverick911
    I use an Epson 950 Photo which gives me excellent results on current images. However, I am dissapointed with B&W prints from old scanned and restored images which mostly are quite blotchy.

I guess this is because the data on the old images is poor but is there any process in CS3...
    10-07-2010, 04:56 PM
  • outlierrn
    Improving scan of metal prints
    by outlierrn
    So, I joined to ask this, sorry of it's been dealt with before.

I was helping my mom pack and found some of her old photos so I told her I'd archive them into digital and spiff them up a bit, I've done fairly well with this in the past.

I found some metal prints and figured...
    08-28-2014, 04:17 PM
  • belmarhistory
    Will 1869 albumin photos be damaged by scanning?
    by belmarhistory
    Hi! I'm a new member with the Belmar HIstorical Preservation Council. We have a number of great albumin-produced photos from 1860,. Before I scan them into my computer I want to be certain the scanning process will not damage the original prints. Does anyone have any experience to guide us through...
    08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Working...
X