Newbee needs expert on Melainotype image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee needs expert on Melainotype image

Hello forum, I have been a collector of 1850's 60's photography. I know quite a bit about tintypes and glass images but not about restoring. Lately I have been digging up some that needs to be restored or maybe they are too far gone. My first question is I would like to show someone on the forum that has quite a bit of knowledge of the history of the dag and tintype process. I have an image that I might want to publish but needs some expert advice on dating the image of a famous person. Thanks Bill

Re: Newbee needs expert on Melainotype image

Hi Bill!

Welcome to RP!!!

Sorry for the delayed answer ...

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I'm moving your Thread to the History, Conservation, and Repair Forumhoping you'll find somehelp over there..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CJ Max
      Tintype Dating Question
      by CJ Max
      I have 2 images that I would like some help in dating.

http://www.pbase.com/cjmax/image/42028803

http://www.pbase.com/cjmax/image/41985990

I've taken a stab at them, but would like some imput from the outside. Perhaps someone can narrow it down a wee bit...
      12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
    • Runscott
      Hi from the PacNW
      by Runscott
      Hi everyone. This forum is probably a bit technical for me as far as restoration skills, but I have found some great information while browsing through threads and doing searches for information I need, so thought I would join. I'm very creative in my restoration, so perhaps I can add something....
      02-27-2016, 04:25 PM
    • beachbunny
      Debluring an image?
      by beachbunny
      Hello! I always get great help, so thought I would ask for more? I have an image that I am trying to use that is small and when I make it big it becomes blurry. I have pixelmator and not photoshop I tried sharpening it and changing the colors. Then smearing it I guess but its still very blurry! Any...
      07-04-2012, 02:27 PM
    • Ed_L
      What Have We Here?
      by Ed_L
      Here's your clues: The image is on what appears to be a thin copper plate. Between it and the cover glass is a brass mat. If you turn the image a certain way, the image almost disappears. Turn it a little more, and it appears as a negative image. What type of image is it, and when was the image made?...
      12-04-2001, 08:31 PM
    • Cliff. Johnston
      Help in dating a photograph
      by Cliff. Johnston
      I would like to know approximately the decade in which this image was captured.

http://www.pbase.com/cjmax/image/72563440

I suspect that it is not the person whom I have identified it as, but rather his son. The fly in the ointment is the writing on the reverse of the...
      12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
    Working...
    X