Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

I realize this isn't really "retouching", but I received a fax that is almost illegible and I need to send it on to someone else (via e-mail.) I've attached a portion of the image here. Is there any way to (quickly) remove the noise without obliterating the text?!? This just seems hopless.

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Is there an image with it? I ask this because I would just retype it myself if that's all there is to it.
    DJ

Comment

No image per se, except for the letterhead of a Senator - and it's needed along with the letter. I'm trying to get the person just to scan it and e-mail it to me, but he doesn't seem to be particularly computer savvy. -Jeanie

Comment

I don't know of any magic wands for this one. Just a painstaking clean up I won't even bother to go into. Best get him to scan it or find a better Xerox machine.
        DJ

Comment

That looks like a tough one. I think that your best bet will be retyping it.

If you have strong scanning software you make be able to remove the noise that way.

Another options is if you have a scanner that has OCR capability. Then you could scan it in, and the text would be converted to actually text. Then all you would have to do is delete any unwanted images and check for typos the OCR program created.

Good Luck!

-T

Comment

OK - I got a scanned image sent in place of the fax and it's MUCH better!! Thanks for the suggestions - glad I won't need to do any intense cleanup! -Jeanie

Comment

Working...
            X