Help! How do i make this shape??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! How do i make this shape??

Does anyone know how to make the shape of the two circles joining together which are sideways? Or where i could download the shape? Having trouble trying to make it myself
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dann1i
    Does anyone know how to make the shape of the two circles joining together which are sideways? Or where i could download the shape? Having trouble trying to make it myself
    Welcome to the forum Dan1i hope you enjoy your stay.

If you use Fireworks, Photoshop, or maybe also Paintshop Pro you can use the path tool or, try using a number "8", convert it to path, stretch it and rotate it
    Hope it helps. That Logo looks quite nice BTW

Regards - Martha

Comment

Hi dann1i,

Welcome to RP!

Martha pointed you in the right direction already but, after trying with the N° 8 I wasn't too satisfied so I tried creating my own ... and found it wasn't difficult at all ... Mind you I'm no expert user of the Pen Tool so it isn't perfect ... but surely a way to do it ...

* First I created a new blank Layer on top of my white Background ...

* Then, I started by creating an elliptical selection ... (Attachment 1)

* Right clicked in/on the selection and chose 'Make Work Path' ... (Attachment 2)

* Selected the Pen Tool and, keeping the CTRL key pressed, I clicked on the 'Path' ... several 'drag points' appeared on it and, still keeping the CTRL key pressed, I pulled, dragged etc until I was satisfied with the result ... (Attachment 3)

* Changed the 'Path' back into a selection stroked it and filled the two halves with different linear gradients ... (Attachment 4), (Attachment 5)

Hope this helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X