X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

... mine is a mix and match of different techniques used here:
    • Changed to Lab.

• Run Gaussian Blur on a and b Channels tweaking the Blur Radius until most of the spots/discolorations had faded. (You might consider doing this on a BG duplicate + Mask since with this procedure tends to blend the colours in a way that her teeth might turn lightly pink as well ...)

• Ctrl+A copied the L Channel, Ctrl+C pasted it as a Layer on top of the Background and duplicated the 'L-Layer'

• Run Noise>Dust&Scratches on the duplicate tweaking Radius and Threshold until all the spots had disappeared but I still had the texture ... (in this case Radius=16; Threshold=4)

• Applied a Black (Cover All) Layer Mask to my 'corrected L-Layer' and with a soft white Brush I painted over the spots. The Dust& Scratches + Layer Mask procedure id described in this excellent Tutorial

• Merged Visible,
      *Ctrl+A selected the merged-corrected L-Layer,
      *Ctrl+C copied it,
      *deleted all the Layers but the Background, and making sure I was working on the Background,
      *I switched to Channels,
      *activated the L Channel and
      *Ctrl+V pasted the corrected version on it...

• Used the Levels on a and b Channels to corrects the colours... Attachment 2 shows the immediate result after these procedures which are effective and non-distructive...

• Switched back to RGB (the only mode where all filters and Adjustments work!).. to continue with my restoration.
    Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Caitlin
      Severe mould damage on slides
      by Caitlin
      This is one of 100s of slides I discovered belonging to my parents - that had been stored in a dank cupboard along with the potatoes and onions for the last 20+ years... (No - I'm really not kidding!) Not too surprisingly they are in a dreadful state.

I have only just started to look...
      03-27-2005, 10:29 AM
    • derekfountain
      Copying part of a channel
      by derekfountain
      As a newbie, I was having a go at challenge #44 with Photoshop 7. I got bogged down in an issue which really shouldn't be that difficult.

The writing at the bottom of the photo needs to be removed, and, conveniently, doesn't show in the blue channel. So, just take that part of the image...
      11-29-2002, 06:40 AM
    • Panpan
      Combining channels
      by Panpan
      When looking at an individual primary channel in Photoshop, the image is lighter. Can somebody help me understand this? Something that is not perceptually neutral is happening behind the scene.

For example, a b&w image's RGB channels all look the same when I turn on each one individually,...
      05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
    • Foxkatt
      Removing Yellow Blotches in Restoration
      by Foxkatt
      Hi all,
      This is my first post.
      I certainly hope that you kind experts out there can help. I've gone through my entire library of Photoshop books and nothing I've tried has had more than limited success. I am restoring some photos to use in an iMovie presentation. Since there...
      01-22-2006, 07:20 PM
    • garfield
      confused about channel mixer
      by garfield
      hi! I would like to ask you a qestion just been reading channel mixer and multichannel on the web but actually i still cant get it very much it says in channel mixer if the total RGB % is 100% then the image is ok but mine is still the same color with the one most of the percentage color comprising...
      04-10-2003, 07:24 AM
    Working...
    X