Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black and white

hi all
    what do you think is the best way to change a colour image from cmyk (or rgb) to a black and white image that isn't greyscale. that is, that is cmyk in order to print

k

simply desaturate. depending on the program you use, this can be done with several different tools. but, basically, all you're doing is removing the color without changing the file type/format.

craig

Comment

This post might have the answer you're looking for: B&W conversion .

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• LunaLuna
        saving black and white images
        by LunaLuna
        Hi!
        I have this doubt when I save black and white images.

Original raw files are rgb. I retouch them in rgb mode because I use channels for masking and so. But when saving the final black and white image: should I keep rgb or I should save in grayscale mode?
        Is there any...
        10-06-2014, 08:31 AM
      • Vairdy
        Help! Turn something black, white
        by Vairdy
        What's the best way to turn a black electrical outlet white? It seems simple but I can't do it right!
        Any help would be appreciated!
        Thanks!
        06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
      • thapa2014
        How to change a colour photo in black and white?
        by thapa2014
        Simply we can change colour photo into black and white by following these steps in photoshop
        • go to image – select mode – grayscale
        • go to image – select adjustment – black and white (all image change in black and white originally )
        • go to layer menu – select...
        03-13-2015, 05:26 AM
      • duwayne
        Help converting black/white image to color
        by duwayne
        I've learned a lot at RP including about 7 ways to convert color images to black and white. The challenge I have now is to find ONE way to convert a 256-grayscale image into a 256-color image. Could be RGB or Indexed (or anything else for that matter). I use Photoshop CS on a Windows platform. Any...
        10-05-2006, 05:35 AM
      • snapperanton
        Black / White point confusion
        by snapperanton
        Hello,

Maybe somebody can put my mind at rest here. I am a photographer and do most of my post production apart from major retouch.

I have been asked to submit a quantity of images to a library and they have specified 1% /99% black and white points. I realise that spectral...
        11-11-2009, 07:12 AM
      Working...
      X