No announcement yet.

question about gaussian blur skin smooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I think it's like a crossword puzzle. You can look at something for a long time, then the "Aha theory" pops in! And it feels so good!

Ed

Comment

I havent read through all these posts (naughty me), but when needing a glamourised effect I normally duplicate my layer, gaussian blur my duplicate by about 5-15 depending on the severity of the effect, then change the layer mode to overlay and if required turn the opacity of the duplicate layer down a touch. This technique can be made more adaptable by layer masks and a big brush where you dont want it.

But hopefully this method still retains some of the vivacity you want (do hope I didnt replicate too much)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mountain
        questions about degrunge technique
        by mountain
        Hi all,

I have some questions about the degrunge technique published by byRo, http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=213

I have a few points i can't really understand.

first the 3 layers method..

after 3 layers are done, it mentions...
        08-09-2011, 12:23 AM
      • OhThatGirl2001
        Removing Finger Prints
        by OhThatGirl2001
        Hi All!

I have been working on a several pictures recently that have finger prints embeded into the picture. The pictures are about 70 years old and have black (mold) like finger prints, or on a few white fingerprints.

I have tried using a dust and scratch filter and then...
        03-05-2002, 07:51 PM
      • inskip
        Question about layer masks.
        by inskip
        I read the tutorials and I understand how to create layer masks. But, where I'm unclear when it comes to LM is how they relate to the other layers and masks. For instance, I have an image that needs to be color corrected, noise reduced and sharpened, therefore, it will probably have adjustment layers...
        07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
      • kneff
        Still have a hard time understand masks
        by kneff
        I have gobs of books on Photoshop CS2. I retouch photos, and I see alot of people use masks, but these have got me so confused. I've read the books, I've watch the tutorials, maybe I just need to hear it from someone in simple terms. This is probably a stupid question for alot of you because I know...
        06-16-2007, 02:14 AM
      • jayk2
        Any ideas how he does this?
        by jayk2
        Here's a pic from a photographer that represents the touch up work I want to do to my pics. Does anyone care to tell me what he did? What I wonder is how did he get the skin to look like that? also, is there a way to isolate a color? I'm thinking the wall had a lot of boost regarding the color blue....
        11-29-2004, 01:32 PM
      Working...
      X