Changing a Face Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a Face Direction

I took this picture of my niece and nephew a couple of weekends ago and I know that if he were looking toward her, it could just be the sweetest photograph. My attempt at turning his face just doesn't look quite right. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Re: Changing a Face Direction

I would try and adjust the shadows. You need to lighten the left side (as we see it) and darken the left.

Comment

Gave this a try. Did a color adjustment and removed a little of the roundness of the baby's face on the side next to the young girl. Also, on the neck there was a slight crease. I shifted that. I am not a retoucher and do this only for fun. There are many outstanding experts on this site that might be able to give you much better suggestions.

dc
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alphastar, this is my attempt at turning your nephew's face towards your niece.

Ray
        Attached Files

Comment

These are awesome!! Thank you so much.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• angelomcm
            face reconstruction
            by angelomcm
            Hello again,

In my quest to become a good restorer (and work through many family pics)
            I still found myself very weak at reconstructing faces. Having gone
            through some tutorials and procuring myself some books, it still is pretty hard.
            Especially on small source...
            05-30-2010, 06:28 AM
          • stosh7
            How can you resist this face ?
            by stosh7
            Meet Ashley ... just begging for some of the artisitic treatments of which this forum is capable.

Have at it .... to inspire you, here's a link to the hi-res original.

Stosh

http://stosh7.phanfare.com/album/27412 ... Navigate to picture #75...
            03-09-2007, 08:45 PM
          • Doug Nelson
            Face Transformer
            by Doug Nelson
            Examples of a face transformer program that lets you change the age, race or sex of a facial image
            02-19-2005, 04:34 PM
          • Sportyone
            Face Reconstruct
            by Sportyone
            Hi All,

I've got most of the restoral done on this, but could use some help/advice on reconstructing the baby's face in this photo.
            The photo was pretty hammered, but I kinda choked when I got to the face of this kid....my customer is happy with my work so far, like to keep it...
            04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
          • rosierosierosie
            Putting a new face under a veil
            by rosierosierosie
            I would like to know how in photoshop cs6 you would put a new face under a picture that has a veil over the face. How do I go under the veil to put a new face in it. Example a bride face under the veil, but I want to put mine there to see how I look with that veil. thank you I hope I explained it ...
            05-01-2013, 01:50 PM
          Working...
          X