Special effect help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special effect help

Hi all, could some one help me with painting blood veins on a body? (like in a horror scene) I uploaded a picture for trying. I tried to drawing lines and bevel/emboss but its not satisfying.
    Attached Files

Re: Special effect help

You may find a tutorial out on the web for creating liquid or water drop effects. I have no idea how to create that effect.

Comment

thanks for the advice but water drops didn't help me much :/
      here's an example of what im trying to get.

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
      You may find a tutorial out on the web for creating liquid or water drop effects. I have no idea how to create that effect.
      Attached Files

Comment

That effect is largely just a matter of shading. Just create a new layer and apply a Bevel layer style with the settings shown and set the layer's fill amount to 0%. Then just paint in your veins. It helps to get the "veiny" effect if you have a tablet with a stylus.

Then if you want to add some color to them, just make a selection of the veins you painted by CTRL-clicking the layer thumbnail, create a new layer below the vein layer and paint in a bit of color of your choice and adjust it to get the amount or effect you want.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Racc Iria; 05-22-2007, 08:53 AM.

Comment

came up with the same thing as racc, after you paint in your veins or whatever, play around with all the different settings in the bevel & emboss box, you can come up with a look that fits exactly what you're looking for.

then maybe SLIGHTLY, like 1 or 2 points, shift the color of the embossed skin to give it that extra pop.

*also, after you painted in your lines, try distorting them a bit so they don't look so clean and painted on.
          Attached Files

Comment

Veins can be difficult to create since they are so squiggly, yet if you do too much they just look like a mess and not like veins at all. The problem that I had with the previous techniques suggested was that they don't create that realistic bulgy vein but instead look more like scar tissue.

I tried my hand at it and could not achieve that bulgy vein look realistically but I did manage to create a pretty nasty regular veined picture if that helps any. Perhaps not true realism but it's the best I could muster in a 30 minute period.
            Attached Files

Comment

Couldn't help but notice that none of these attempts really look natural, as MadChapelier (LOVE that handle) observed. Might know one reason why. Y'all should take a look at the backs of your hands - especially if you're as old as I am - or the inside of your wrist. The bulgy veins are shaded and decidedly blue.

Comment

rofl lurch, having decent veins to say the least, have roadmap hands, lol

Comment