Help with this photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with this photo

Hi all! I'm having a major bad face day with this photo. If anyone has any suggestions or assistance, I would welcome them. I've uploaded the original and the copy I'm working on and a copy of what I'm coming up with (ugh!) which looks terrible.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Attached Files

Re: Help with this photo

I did this just for the practice as restoring this type of damage has always been difficult for me to do. All I can say is that there is some improvement, but a much better job could be done by a professional.

dc
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi dc.

Not a bad job, but her cheek still appears to be a bit flat. Try replacing it by distorting the other cheek over it to fit. You can use the liquid tool to help coax the side in to fit.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks. The cheek was a horizontal flip from her other cheek. It was the best I could do with the time constraints that I had. Was running a little late from my volunteer work that I do. And, even if I did have more time I donl't know if I would have picked up on the problem. Part of the nose was from another source. I am not an artist and the only way I can get things noses, etc. done is to borrow from other sources.

I feel that people doing picture restoration have an easier time if they do have artistic talent--I do not.

dc

Comment

Greg, the colors do appear to be off. What I did was do a Levels adjustment on each channel separately - just compress the histogram for each. This normalized the overall cast and brought the colors into range. Then I used a curve adj layer clicking only on the very center point on the curve and bringing it up to brighten the midtones. When I stopped, the collar of the dress was perfectly white and the skin looks more normal, as do the dress and the eyes. Correcting the color first may make the rest of the image easier to restore. Good luck,
          Regards, Murray
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, guys. I did the cheek flip on my posted copy. Just cloned in the nose from other parts. Getting the face right has just eluded me. DC's quickie was a big improvement over my efforts. I've been struggling with it for a couple of weeks. One of the most difficult I've come across.
            Greg

Comment

Here's an incomplete quickie. I found a photo of a woman with a slender face photographed at the same angle. Copied the cheek and jaw and pasted over the damaged area. Shape to best fit, adjust color and tone. You may have to do the same with the lower lip.
              Attached Files

Comment

Alot of cloning and some copying and pasting.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ziaphra,
                  That's some really nice work.
                  Ray

Comment

Thanx.

Comment

WOW! I agree!! Thanks sooo much!