Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting

=D not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i couldn't find a "lighting" section. So anyway, i was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what they think the lighting system/position was in the attached image. I think it really nice with the highlights on her arm and such..

any help woudl be great =] thanks in advance

-Angelo
    Attached Files

Re: Lighting

Can you post something a bit larger please?

Thanks

Comment

That's funny. I think I know that model and photographer and who it might have been shot for.

Comment

Originally posted by cricket1961 View Post
        Can you post something a bit larger please?

Thanks
        nope its off her myspace =]

Comment

Originally posted by Ant View Post
          That's funny. I think I know that model and photographer and who it might have been shot for.
          lol oh okay, who?

Comment

why don't you post it at the lighting forum at www.dpreview.com

Comment

I can't comment on the particular system, but it looks like a broad diffuse source above the lens in a classic butterfly position, two "kickers", one each left and right of the model and behind her, and a background light creating the glow on the seamless behind her. Thee may be a fill light also, but without a larger pic it is hard to tell.
              A side note...the kickers obviously do nice things to her hair but sometimes on a female model may be unflattering on the arms.

Bill

Comment

It's too lit! No feeling to it! Like a cheap mens magazine... Junk!

Comment

Originally posted by dude2010 View Post
                  It's too lit! No feeling to it! Like a cheap mens magazine... Junk!
                  I don't see how this helps answer my question.

Comment

Oh sorry - nothing to it! Two striplight with grid behind model facing cam low power. Quite big box close and approx 45 deg. up and over camera medium power. Narrow snooth behind model on backgnd low power. Proberly black on sides to high contrast, or a big studio with black walls. There you go! =)
                    /Peter

Comment

-And a white bounce flat under cam, to elliminate shadows under her chin.

Comment