A Great Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Tutorial

I usually do not get too enthusiastic about tutorials but I have found one that I wish to bring to the attention of Photoshop users.

First let me state, as I have in other posts, that I have little, if not no, art ability. My drawing of a cat, dog, horse etc all look as though a 4 year old had drawn them. When I saw this tutorial on drawing hair and saw the results I decided to give it a try since I had some time on my hands. I worked on it for about 5 - 10 minutes and although I will NOT post the results I was surprised and 110% happy with the results. I thought that it might be a fluke so I tried it again with results that, once again, pleased me. I know that many of you are familiar with this tutorial but for those that aren't it's really worth a try. If I can get decent results anyone can.

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161271

If you want to make your own hair this is the tutorial.

Re: A Great Tutorial

albatross, thanks for the tut and yes, the 'worth 1000' site has some good tutorials on it.

why not add it to the links library?

Comment

Kraellin,

Tell me how or where I can get instructions on how to do so and I will add it.

George

Comment

simply click on the 'site menu' item near the top of every page of RP and pick 'library'. this will take you to our links library. once there, click on 'submit a link' at the top and follow the prompts and instructions

Comment

When entering link received the following message:

The URL ($linkurl) is already in our database. We're sorry, but duplicate URL's are not allowed.

Evidently it's already there?????????????

Comment

i think i ran into this before with the worth1000 site. they seem to somehow label all of those tutorials in such a manner that a browser sees them all as the same page.

did you actually check the link in the library to see if it took you to the right one?

Comment

The library would not accept the link since it stated that it already was listed. What was listed was the Worth site but not the specific tutorial.

Too bad because it's a good one. (At least I think so)

Comment

yes, i just tried to add another worth1000 link also. got the same response as you. i dont know if this is some oddity with worth1000 or with our library. i'll ask doug about it.

Comment

George
                  Thanks for the link on making hair. I can't draw worth a darn and this one
                  seem easy for a comon problem...

Thanks..... Tom

Comment

Tom,

I've done it a few times since I posted and sometimes I'm more successful than others but it's certainly better than I've ever done before. Since we both can't draw this should be great for us.

Comment

ok, i talked to doug nelson about the links, who in turn asked the author about it. the answer is, the library is based on domains. so, we can only have one worth1000 or one ebay or one amazon.com type link. one of each of those domains. he can turn that off, but then i'd be doing nothing but looking for duplicate links when someone submits something and that's just not very workable. he did make a request to the author to amend this, but we'll just have wait and see.

so, thanks, albatross, but for now i guess we just live with what we've got.

Comment

Really is not a problem once you're in the Worth tutorial section. Scroll down a short way and the Hair Tutorial is there.

Comment

ok, i'm moving this over to the image help forum since this isnt really a restoration question/help/answer.

Comment