Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading a photo

Hi

Although I look like a newbe I used to post quite a bit a few years ago. We moved and until a little while ago, I was in remodel &%$# so now back to the photo restoration. I had to re-register and get a new name, but anyway, here goes.

I am scanning a bunch of my old photos and so many of them have awful color shifts. I have tried so many different ideas from many posts on this site but to no avail can I get this picture to a good coloration. I even tried to delete a channel using one of the tutorials and all I ended up with was a really pink image. I used Katrin Eismann's suggestions also, but can't get it right.

I am scanning the photo and want to upload it to the site and see what you all think, but after reading the rules, I'm a little wary of sending it wrong. If I send the image which is 1791x1174 px. and 72 resolution and 147K, will that be acceptable? If that's ok, how do I proceed with an upload, is there a place on the site to do it?

Re: Uploading a photo

Marni, welcome back. The upload limit is 100KB (200KB if you are a patron). But 100KB will do nicely to allow members to analyze your color cast problem. At 72 DPI you should size your image to approx 6 x 9 inches or approx 400 x 600 pixels. Then do a File>Save As and when the dialog box comes up choose the highest possible number for jpg quality (1 to 12) which will still allow the file to fall below the 100K limit. Below the text box where you entered your post there is a button called Manage Attachments. Click it and direct the browse button to where your image is stored. Click upload, then close the window and hit the Submit button.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• probchld1953
      Help Please
      by probchld1953
      Just a dummy I guess, but can someone tell me how to use Image Resize in PSE7 so that my photos will upload here? My images on my computer are large and I have tried to resize them to what seems small to me in PSE7 but they still exceed the 100 kb limit. And, not to be rude, but why doesn't this site...
      01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
    • Doug Nelson
      New forum features
      by Doug Nelson
      Rather than simply list the new features, I figured I'd let y'all talk about any new feature you've noticed, and whether you like it or not.

It sounds like I'm cheating, but I couldn't list them all anyway, and I'd still want opinions, so this just skips a few posts.

More...
      01-19-2004, 02:53 PM
    • cinderella
      profile presence
      by cinderella
      I'm getting ready to upload a huge batch of photos taken at my son's wedding recently. I've tweaked many of these snapshots with PS7.

I have sRGB chosen as my color workspace.

I've looked at several labs for printing namely Mpix, winkflash, and whcc and see that a couple...
      06-12-2006, 11:55 AM
    • jcbruck
      Difficult Restoration
      by jcbruck
      Hello to all of you! I've been quietly lurking about for a few months learning as much as I can from all this site has to offer, however, I ran into a big challenge with this picture. First off, I'm utilizing Photoshop 7 for all of my restorations; this particular pic is of my father and three uncles...
      12-09-2002, 10:15 AM
    • Robt
      Frustration of adding an image
      by Robt
      This is the third attempt to start a thread. The other two were rather long winded and all the message went away [2X] as I tried to figure the method to add an image. Click on the manage attachments and you get a screen blink, drag and drop and everything is gone-- a blank post new thread screen!...
      05-30-2004, 07:35 PM
    Working...
    X