Ninja Noise help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Noise help

I posted this photo in another group but really should have put it here. I am trying to fiind a way to correct this photo and several others like it where I took them using Musuem mode at a graduation and the ISO became 800 automatically. I am having trouble figuring out the steps to correct it using Noise Ninja. Any step-by-step help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sam-Deca-Noise1.jpg

Re: Ninja Noise help

Well I used neat image which is similar to Noise Ninja. It removes fine grain noise. I first used a curves adjustment layer to increase contrast and lighten up the image some. I used neat image to clean up the messed up blue channel first. Then I used neat image a second time again on the entire rgb image. Finally I copied the layer and used overlay blending mode and a high pass filter on the layer to sharpen the image some.

So So result. On this site there is a degrunge technique and tutorial which might approach this problem from a different angle.
    Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Corkster52
      Help with Noise Ninja
      by Corkster52
      Okay, I have given a couple of hours to trying to fix this noisey photo in Noise Ninja and haven't been able to do much of anything. Anyone have an idea of what I may be doing wrong, or is it even possible with this photo? Thanks

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2509655728_02213...
      05-23-2008, 04:52 PM
    • backygirly
      Neat Image...anyone to achieve same effect in Photoshop?
      by backygirly
      I'm using Neat Image (a noise reducing program) after reading about it here, and I love it! But...being the weirdo that I am, I'd love to be able to learn how to achieve the same results myself in Photoshop. Any ideas? Do you think it involves reducing noise from each channel? I don't know where to...
      01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
    • Corkster52
      Noise Ninja hand holding
      by Corkster52
      Can someone familiar with Noise Ninja give me a step by step of how to fix this photo of my daughter? I have spent hours trying and gotten basically nowhere. Thanks!

05-24-2008, 11:36 AM
    • Ken Fournelle
      Noise Reduction in the Work Flow
      by Ken Fournelle
      Where do people like to use a noise reduction plug-in during he work flow? On the duplicate background layer at the beginning? After global corrections to color, contrast and levels? The end of the process?

Ken
      09-05-2004, 04:02 PM
    • scott watson
      Noise Reduction
      by scott watson
      After trying out Noiseware, Neat Image and Noise Ninja plugins I decided to purchase Noiseware Pro.
      I would like to know when is the best time to get rid of the noise. On the images I work on I will be doing alot of cloning to remove various elements in the image.
      Do you think its...
      12-03-2006, 12:21 PM
    Working...
    X