Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..this is a tuff one.

Hi,
    I'm a new Photoshop user. I really like the program...and want to learn how to use it. I have several books on it...like the restoration book by Katrin Eismann. It however was not able to help me with the photo that I attached with this message.
    For this photo I could fix all the dots and cracks in it easy. The hard part comes with the following 2 problems.

1. Fingerprints on woman's face and rest photo.
    2. The left part of the photo has been burned out by light shining on it. Half of the woman's face is brighter then it should be..and lost its sharpness. If you compare the eyebrows you will be able to see what I am talking about.

The fingerprint problem I fixed with the median filter but at expence of loss of sharpness.
    The face problem and sweater...I could not fix. I tried using the curves adjustment. The idea was to put a color sampler on the bright side of the face and one on the dark side and make the %grayscale which I read from the (navigator)info window to match. I could not get them to match...and I gave up there...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Enterprise
    Help please
    by Enterprise
    Hi,
    I'm a new Photoshop user. I really like the program...and want to learn how to use it. I have several books on it...like the restoration book by Katrin Eismann. It however was not able to help me with the photo that I attached with this message.
    For this photo I could fix all the dots...
    06-29-2002, 07:47 PM
  • Sportyone
    Face Reconstruct
    by Sportyone
    Hi All,

I've got most of the restoral done on this, but could use some help/advice on reconstructing the baby's face in this photo.
    The photo was pretty hammered, but I kinda choked when I got to the face of this kid....my customer is happy with my work so far, like to keep it...
    04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
  • angelomcm
    face reconstruction
    by angelomcm
    Hello again,

In my quest to become a good restorer (and work through many family pics)
    I still found myself very weak at reconstructing faces. Having gone
    through some tutorials and procuring myself some books, it still is pretty hard.
    Especially on small source...
    05-30-2010, 07:28 AM
  • D70Farmer
    I need some help doing a MAJOR Face Restoration !!
    by D70Farmer
    Hello Everyone...This is my first post here and I want to say this forum KICKS some major hiney !!

I have tried everything I know to make this face have more detail....is this a lost cause?? Any suggestions would be totally appreciated. I am using PS Elements 4 and I am struggling.Please...
    05-17-2006, 08:08 PM
  • barry_uk
    face touch
    by barry_uk
    I am now working on another picture of my mother and uncle I would love some help please in bringing up face features, I am only intrested in the faces the coats repair I dont have a problem with I can easly do those my mothers face is the main one, The one photo I have not touched the second as you...
    03-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Working...
X