Help needed making plastic...yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed making plastic...yikes

Here is the problem. I am working on a new line of soft goods. One is a laptop bag. After the prototype was shot those in charge decided that the inside of the bag needed to be clear so you can see most of the laptop (except for the corners that tuck into the bag) . I can't post the image here due to copyright etc.

So my problem is that now i was requested to take an image of a laptop and make it appear as it is inside the case under clear plastic. I have been struggling with this. The plastic wrap effect in PS is a joke. I have been playing with lighting effects and bevel and emboss trying to make the laptop appear as it is under something. I have that in place but now need to make the plastic.
    sorry this is confusing. I attached a simple diagram which might help.
    Anyone have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Nancy
    Attached Files

Re: Help needed making plastic...yikes

Hi Nancy,
    I'll explain if this close to what you're looking for.

Ray
    Attached Files

Comment

Where is the laptop ? I don't see any laptop there for a start.

Comment

Do you mean something like this?

The reflections are just brush/pen on a blank layer, gaussian blur, adjusted for opacity. Multiple layers of white at different opacities overlaid and offset give the gradients/curve.

It's not perfect, but I think you can see the idea.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by secretagents View Post
          Where is the laptop ? I don't see any laptop there for a start.
          No it is not a lapto just a representation of one since I can't post the image. Sorry for the confussion.
          Thanks!
          ~Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by des151 View Post
            Hi Nancy,
            I'll explain if this close to what you're looking for.

Ray
            Hi ray! Thanks.
            I came up with about the same thing. They want "photo realistic" without a photo from a 2D program. This thing just isn't going to fly but thank you so much for the help. It is truly appreciated!
            Regards!
            ~Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Verywierd View Post
              Do you mean something like this?

The reflections are just brush/pen on a blank layer, gaussian blur, adjusted for opacity. Multiple layers of white at different opacities overlaid and offset give the gradients/curve.

It's not perfect, but I think you can see the idea.
              Hey Weird!
              This is something close to what I came up with. Hard to make something from nothing but you did a great job. We are scrapping the image and doing another shoot with a real product not just a prototype.
              Thank you so much; I appreciate your time and help!
              ~Nancy

Comment

do a cutaway on one of their reject/blemish, prototype or even new bags and just Photoshop the raw edges or have them tucked neatly.. tis always best to use the real deal! No need for plastic because it is a cutaway!

Comment