Remove bad shadow on face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove bad shadow on face

Hello, I am using CS2 and trying to remove the shadow on the left side of the mans face. I have had CS2 since it's release, and am learning very slowly. So I am not a beginner, but you may as well say I am.

I have tried various things, clone, healing brush, curves, painting, and so on. Once I get it somewhat close, I think the eye looks puffy.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Re: Remove bad shadow on face

You could try to use few curves that follow samples taken from different parts of the face.
    Attached Files

Comment

Chillin, wonderful job.
      Regards, Murray

Comment

Thanks Murray

Comment

Hi,
          You might try making a mask in color range, use curves to lighten(possibly going beyond what you need) then using airbrush to refine the mask you can bring down the opacity on the layer.
          Good luck!

Comment

Two masked Screen layers, Curves and PWL.

Juergen
            Attached Files

Comment

Good job Chillin and Juergen !

That eye probably would look puffy. It was in the sun so he squinted more. Plus the contrast is more noticeable/enhanced due to the sun. Lower the highlights a bit, and lighten the shadows a bit (around the eye).

Comment

Shadows on a sunny day aren't bothersome to me.

So rather than trying to eliminate the shadows I attempted to put back the color that the camera bleached out trying to compensate for the highlights.

Added back some pink and golden tones to the faces (for a healthier outdoor look), then decided the lady's hair needed a small touch up.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to everyone! Great ideas.

It was a bad time of day, very sunny no shade. They just wanted that one shadow removed. I didn't want the eye to look more puffy than it already was.

There usually is an easier way to do things than the way I try. I knew someone would be able to give me some great advice! I cant wait to try them all.

Dawn

Comment

See This one. I am also a learner using cs3. Tried to reduce the shadow but couldn't get full success . And made like this .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Shadow/Highlights is the best First you need to do a smart layer else you won't be able to undo changes.

Comment

re read your post and saw that i neglected the major issue i.e. shadow removal destroying detail and causing eye to seem swollen.

Here's my second try, mainly used used the clone tool then image blends.
                        Attached Files

Comment