Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Reflection

G'day people,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial which covers 3D reflections...for example.. deep 3D text.

I tried to do it the other day, and had no luck whatsoever!

Thanks in advance.

Re: 3D Reflection

Try this one
    http://www.republicofcode.com/tutori..._3dreflection/

Comment

mmm Thanks, but I still can't seem to get what I want....

Basically I want to get a proper reflection for the attached text...nothing I do comes even close.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are some great tutorials.Look for Texteffects.
        http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008...rials-best-of/

Or here
        http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1

Comment

Well to do a real good job you may want to change the light source and drop shadow. This was done with Flaming Pear's Flood. I removed the waves.

Another Technique is to copy the T and copy it to a new layer. Flip it vertical and move it down and then use perspective adjustments to make it look real
          Attached Files

Comment

The problem with a reflection at this angle, is you're looking at the top of the T, but the reflection should show the bottom of the crossbar of the T. You can't do a flip and have it realistic. You will probably have to do another T from a lower angle to use for the reflection. Something like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

The problem with getting a reflection on this image is the odd angle that you are looking at it. The view is down from the top, not straight on. The viewer is looking down on the T and the floor from the top. Therefore the reflection is a different view, The reflection should continue on at the same angle as the original, and you would see the bottom of the T's tops. To get this affect, you will need to draw the T again for the reflection. Here is an example of how a correct reflection would look.

And a real quick go at your actual reflection. It's not very good, but I only had a few minutes to do this.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dave.Cox; 05-06-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment