crying girl after dancing with her father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crying girl after dancing with her father

This is a picture of my niece after she danced with her father at her sweet sixteen party, I thought it was beautiful, but I would like to make it into a high key black and white photo but I am having trouble blowing out the background so i can it into hight key photo any help I would appreciate thank you
    Attached Files

Re: crying girl after dancing with her father

Well, the attached is a bit low resolution for us to to attempt to send you anything. But, it looks like a simple selection with either basic technique. I personally would use the pen tool, or quick mask. Inverse, feather a tad, done. At that point, use maybe any of various methods... curves is an obvious choice. Otherwise just add a color fill adj. layer, black, adjust opacity. Maybe a little extra in that lower left corner.

Can you be more specific as to what problems you're having ? Otherwise, it's hard to add much more.

Comment

First image
      three screen layers with the highlights on the dress, arm, face masked at 50%
      combined all layers into new layer
      copied new layer.. put new white layer between the combined and copied @ 50% opacity
      desaturated the copy and combined layers
      extract girl on top layer
      new layer, combine all
      copy combined layer
      dust and scratch @ 2 (masked girl)
      New softlight white layer
      combined all
      noise removal and sharpen

Second image = all the above with Imagenomic Portraiture High Key added

Yours should look a whole lot better using a higher resolution picture
      Attached Files

Comment

Sweet photo but way to small to do much with at this end !

isolated the girl and instead of lighting the background darkened then done a orton technique and cropped

mind you must be one of the first times i havent had to reduce a file size

Palms
        Attached Files

Comment

heres my go at it. Had a fews mins.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is it only me or is the original beautiful just the way it is?
            Many a mentor has always said, if its not broke, don't fix it.

Comment

I also like the color picture better!

Comment

Thank you for all your help I was trying to get a high key black and white photo something like a light sketch. I guess it the wrong type of picture

Comment

The original already looks good. All those persons without head and the girl crying, giving her back to that people draws a very strong symbolism of lonelyness and lack of understanding from people to her.

Comment

Originally posted by rosierosierosie View Post
                    Thank you for all your help I was trying to get a high key black and white photo something like a light sketch. I guess it the wrong type of picture
                    Tried a sketchy look using a combination of different sketches and style from an older version of Alien Skin Snap Art.

One with a little color then desaturated
                    Attached Files

Comment