Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeaniesa
    replied
    Hmmm. Interesting thought, Lilla. It hadn't even crossed my mind. The "empty triangle" is the door frame of the van holding all of the babies. However, I see your point. Don't know that I'll get to trying that anytime real soon, but seems like something to try just for the "practice" if nothing else.

I did get some practice extending the photo out about an 1/8" (for a 4x6" size) on the top and left because my friend wanted postcards made and I needed an 1/8" bleed. I figured cropping on the right or bottom wouldn't matter much, but on the top and left, heads were almost chopped off. That was pretty easy though - I've never tried "cloning" baby parts.

Jeanie

Leave a comment:

• Lilla
    replied
    Wonderful job Jeanie.

Thought. I'm wondering about the empty triangle in the lower right. I see babies with missing parts there. If it were me I would try filling in the triangle by copying parts from other babies. Just a thought.

Lilla

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    Hi Jeanie,

The link was the final2 pantone727. But it's okay now. That was a real work of art. I only wish I could get some of you people to come over to tutor me. Thanks for sharing.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    Ed, Which link? I'm editing a few of my previous posts right now, so perhaps you got caught in the middle of one? (I've tested each one as I've edited and all of the links have worked for me so far.)

Jeanie

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    I tried the link, but couldn't get anything out of it. Just the small broken image box (I guess that's what you call it).

Ed

Leave a comment:

• thomasgeorge
    replied
    Jeaniesa, RE: Pantone 727. Worthy of display in the Smithonian!!! You did an incredable job of restoring there. That photo really hits with a punch. Tom

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    Last, but not least, the "duotone Pantone 727" version that was mentioned in previous posts.

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    The final "final" photo with feedback incorporated.

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    The "final" photo I asked for feedback on. (Two pieces of feedback were to add noise to the wall under the window and better define the two fingers of the right hand.)

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    The rescan of the original photo which I did at a very high saturation. (Gave me a cleaner red channel to work with.)

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    Files attached

Tom, Thanks for the feedback. My friend and I liked the duotone 727 version best as well.

Doug, I worked on the defining the fingers a bit more, but don't know if they'll show up in the smaller version I post here. Interesting that you mentioned that particular part of the picture, because the entire time I worked on it, I couldn't figure out why her finger looked so fat. Duh, it's TWO fingers!! ;-)

I can't seem to attach files when I edit previous posts, so I'll try to upload them here. Looks like I might only be able to attach one file per post. If so, I'll just make a flurry of posts this afternoon.

This first file is the original photo I asked for feedback on.

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    That looks great. That's one you should be proud of for sure.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Most excellent work.

Mind attaching the orig and your final here, in case that webpage eventually disappears and no future visitors will have a clue about what we were discussing? You can even get fancy and edit your original posts to attach it (not required, fancy)

Anything you can do to bring out more definition in her hand gesture? To someone who doesn't know the story it could look a little bit like she's flipping the bird.

Leave a comment:

• thomasgeorge
    replied
    VERY NICE JOB. I like the duotone 727 variation the best. You did a most excellent job of restoring and preserving a piece of history which should never be forgotten. Tom

Leave a comment:

• kathleen
    replied
    that did the trick jeanie. i'll have to remember that. film grain.

thanks for the story. an awesome thing to have been a part of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X