Background Crease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Crease

I was playing around with my new camera, taking self portraits and not paying much attention to detail thinking I probably wouldn't keep the end results anyway...

Then I took this picture, which I quite like, but the background is creased! So wondered if any one had any ideas how to salvage it?? I tried to clone the crease out but found it difficult because of the pattern. Or perhaps they is a creative way of cropping it??

I'm stuck for ideas though, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the original unretouched image. Please feel free to give my any photography tips too, as this my my first slr and it's been a slow learning curve for me!
    Attached Files

Re: Background Crease

First pic...Fixed a copy of the original with levels... healed some face areas, smoothed lips and sharpened the Irises...

Picked a couple colors next to the hair and put a new layer filled with a gradient of those colors under a copy of the fixed original masked the copy to hide bad background

Second pic... replaced gradient layer with an Eiffel Tower pic

OR

you could use the extract tool and put any background you like behind her
    Attached Files

Comment

My Remedy: I just made new ornament design background similar to yours and did some extensive retouches according to my taste.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

I tried to make a background from the existing pattern

Butch
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you to all of you for your help! Wow everyone has done a great job with this! I like the the Eiffel tower idea, made me smile

Did you all use the extract tool then put a new background behind? Whenever I do that I can't seem to stop it looking like the object in front is floating.

Daviskw I really like the nice tanned skin tone, how did you do that??

Comment

New background.

Larger file if needed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Cupcake!

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Cupcake I'd love the larger file if you don't mind.

I really like the background, have you made it yourself?

Comment

my suggestion would be to take another shot just of the background when is not creased (if possible) and paste you on it...

Comment

Originally posted by czerwony View Post
                    my suggestion would be to take another shot just of the background when is not creased (if possible) and paste you on it...
                    Ah such a simple solution! Don't know why I didn't think of it!

Thanks Cezwony

Comment

I used the new content aware fill feature to smooth out the worst of the creases. I then lightened the model's face to make sure it was the center of attention which help draws your eye away from the background.
                      Attached Files

Comment