Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial photocopy and silver print output

Greetings everyone!

I've got a real winner for the group. I am restoring a missing section of an old silver gelatin print. Good news is I the customer found the missing section. Bad news is it's a photocopy!!!!

I'm really stumped and a bit anxious about this job. I uploaded a snapshot of a section of it at www.abetterreality.net/FM.JPG

I'd love to read anyone's suggestions and will offer help in return for their help!

I'm using Photoshop 7 with alot of RAM and Hard disk space. I've been retouching for almost 3 years and am independent.

Eric

Oh Eric, I certainly don't envy you on this one!

I tried a few things, but the copy posted was too small and pixellated to get anything worth posting here. In the end, after trying several different tricks to get the pieces to match each other and failing, I decided that if it were my headache, I'd once again resort to airbrushing....

One thing you might do is check out Restoration Challenge #28 - Cisa for some ideas. The original in that challenge was a photocopy of a print. You might also check Restoration Challenge #2 - Old News Clipping to see if there are any helpful tips there.

Good luck!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Wookie
      Very old photo Restoration help
      by Wookie
      Hi you all,

I'm Wookie and I'm somewhere between a noob and a intermediate user of Photoshop, but learning all the time.

I posted a challenge on Photoshop Techniques.com and I was advised to bring the challenge here, so here it is.

How do I fix up this photo?...
      12-02-2003, 04:07 AM
    • Doug Nelson
      What would you charge?
      by Doug Nelson
      Lorraine C. inspired this idea:

Pick a Challenge (or more) you've completed and submitted, and decide what you'd have charged a client for it if it had been a "real" work order.

Format it like:

Restoration Challenge #99 'Impossible Restoration'...
      04-25-2002, 03:07 PM
    • Scott Rudy
      by Scott Rudy
      I just became a new member to this site and I just wanted to say hi to everybody and tell a little bit about myself. I was laid off from my job of eight years and decided to make a career change.

I was working as an environmental instument repair technician, after being laid off I found...
      09-02-2002, 02:00 AM
    • davidcollins
      Plane Print Restoration
      by davidcollins
      Hi,
      I'm not sure if you can help me, but I have a photo of a print that I need restored. Originally a clock was stored over the top of the print, as you can see by the picture the rest of the print has subsequently faded. I would like the print to have the same colours as the top section. I am...
      10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
    • Lilla
      Thumbnails on list of challenge submissions?
      by Lilla
      I've looked at all or almost all of the challenge submissions by now. I find it very interesting to see the results and read the notes by the artist. I find myself going back several times now to look/read again certain submissions.

The tintype challenge was especially interesting to...
      08-25-2001, 05:29 PM
    Working...
    X