Complex Masking/ Background Recreation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex Masking/ Background Recreation

Hi, I have a photo with a depth of field blurred background. I am trying to remove the gazebo (the black in the background) and replace with the other background in the picture (and so it looks good!) Ive tried the patch tool, clone stamping but cant get it to look good (or I remove the gazebo but the background is "smeared" from cloning or whatnot)
    I have attached the image, any advice would be appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: Complex Masking/ Background Recreation

I used CS5's new Content Aware Fill along with some cloning, masking and history brushing.

It's not perfect (especially the area around the hair, but it should get you started :-)).
    Attached Files

Comment

A pretty garden and flowers made me feel great.

I used quick selection tool in photoshop CS4 then I add new background.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi..... I used the quick selection and refine edge in CS5 and also dropped in a new background.
        Attached Files

Comment

I would go for selecting the subject and replacing the background as well.

Comment

Here is another idea!
            Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• wolverine
              Too hard to remove this background ?
              by wolverine
              Dear Pros,

A friend of mine asked me whether I can change the background of his picture with his wife. But I found the background is too hard and complicated to remove, since it's bunch of grass, while the male is holding flower. I've tried to isolate the background with red channel which...
              07-03-2006, 06:14 AM
            • kelvin
              Background
              by kelvin
              I am real sorry for asking this dumb question i have done it loads of times and now i just can't remember. I took a pic of a lion on my Hols to South Africa, i want to put the lions head on my website, i need only the head i can't remember how to get rid of the background every time...
              01-01-2003, 05:59 AM
            • graham5
              Background manipulation
              by graham5
              I believe one of the keys to a great smudge painting is the use of the background. What are some of the common techniques/tips that are used to change the background so it will better reflect the subject? Do some just repaint the background, remove it altogether and put something else there, or what...
              04-30-2009, 10:50 AM
            • Angela9
              uniform background and printing
              by Angela9
              Hi,

I'm new here - I've been lurking and learning for a while in this great forum. I could use some advice with an image I'm working on.

I've already done major repair work on this image, but I'm stuck with the background:

What can I do to the background...
              04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
            • jarulex
              enlarge the background!
              by jarulex
              Hello Folks and Good Easter!
              my today's problem is how to expand (to widen) the background in a picture without modifying the subject with CS3 (I know that in CS4 there's a solution, but presently I didn't get it). I know few different techniques but none of them are undetectable..... can you...
              04-12-2009, 07:16 AM
            Working...
            X