Big PH7 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big PH7 Problem

When I reopened an image in ph7 it has change to a ph7 icon. The image is now wavy lines. It almost looks like a picture of the ocean. What happened to my image? Has anyone else experienced this? Did my file become corrupted? Why? This is not good. I don't even have a backup of the file, but I do have a printout and may have to rescan it to keep all my changes.

I'm sorry not ph7 - Photoshop 7.
    Last edited by Anthony; 10-22-2002, 08:10 AM.

First of all, what is PH7?

Also, can you open the image properly? Is it just the desktop icon that has changed? (you can reset that using properties).

If your actual image has changed, has it changed in a chaotic fashion (ie: noise or patterns or garbage) or is it another image completely?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Sorry about that - I meant to say Photoshop 7.

This is what it looks like now. It used to be a woman and her child.
      Attached Files

Comment

Kind of cool-looking, but unfortunately it does look like your file has been corrupted. However, I've never seen anything like this, so keep looking for answers. Also, search your hd for the beginning of the filename to see if a temp copy got stored somewhere.
        Learn by teaching

Comment

To clarify:
          a) You opened it in PS7 and it looked OK... you worked on it (or whatever), saved it, reopened it later in PS7 and it was wavy?
          b) You opened it in PS7 and it was already wavy?

You mentioned the icon changed, suggesting it was created from another source and/or updated by another program before PS7 got to it.

Would you provide a little detail about the source of the image, e.g., originally from a digital camera... downloaded and tinkered with it using (what?)... then opened it in PS7 and it turned into this.

What about your computing environment: Mac? PC? etc. What operating system version, e.g., Mac OS 9, Windows 98, etc.

Comment

I've had some strange results swapping files from Photoshop to Fireworks and visa versa. Sometimes the layers get confused.

Nothing quite as dramatic as Anthony has however.

Comment

I have been working on this image for some time now - making adjustments to it. I am working on a Mac OS10.2 and I only made PS7 changes to it, no fireworks nothing. Was working on it this morning and it was fine and yes the icon changed to a PS7 icon. It was a original a scanned image. There are 7 images from the same set, but this has only effected this one image. I searched for a temp file, but nothing was found. I don't remember the specific changes I made to the image, but I thiink it was just changing the print size.

Comment

When you say it changed to a Ps7 icon does this mean that the file extention was changed?

or

as mac's don't have file extentions has it given it one when its not ment to?

If so you could try coping the file to make sure nothing worse happens to it! and rename the file / extension and see if it makes any difference

Good Luck
                Clare

Comment

Have you tried opening it in a non-Photoshop app?
                  Learn by teaching

Comment

It does have an psd extension like the rest and its 427 mb, so there something there. I'm not sure why it says it was edited yesterday, maybe I lost todays changes. No, I did not try to open it in another application. What app do you suggest?

Comment

Try Irfanview, it's free and cool (search here for discussion and link). It's for Windows. Someone else will need to suggest one if you're on a Mac.
                      Learn by teaching

Comment

427 mb file? That's a big one.

Comment

Working...
                        X