rgb to cmyk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rgb to cmyk

I need to convert a couple of images from RGB to CMYK. How to do it properly in PS, what is the be way to do it in PS? Is there something I need to look at, take into consideration (which paper will be used, which printer...)

Thank you

Re: rgb to cmyk

- you should have a final cmyk profile
    - check gamut warning & make corrections
    - convert to your cmyk profile
    - make final color & contrast corrections in cmyk

Comment

who do I ask for the final cmyk profile? Is it the printer? Which photoshop tool would you recommend to make the cmyk corrections - color correction?

Comment

you should get it from a dtp or printer.

Is it for inkjet or offset printing? For offset printing I use black & white point adjustment - in levels 5/250. Better to ask the printer

It does not matter which tool you will use for color corrections ... you should touch color saturation for sure.

Comment

Image > Mode > CMYK Color

Comment

OK, thanks!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ekuna
              RGB or CMYK?
              by ekuna
              Should it matter to the retouching house if I work in
              RGB or CMYK? You can always convert the mode - is it
              such a big deal?
              10-11-2010, 03:16 PM
            • xxxmen
              Converting CMYK to RGB and back to CMYK.
              by xxxmen
              Hello all,

I'm aware that RGB is a larger gamut of colours then CMYK. If I had an original image that is given to me in "CMYK" when using Photoshop for colour correcting; is there any loss in quality if I convert the CMYK image to RGB.
              The reason for converting to RGB...
              11-27-2008, 09:12 AM
            • Jeff F
              Home Use for CMYK Separations
              by Jeff F
              I'm currently working my way through the CMYK separations section of Richard's book for the second time. Are there any significant advantages to printing on an inkjet printer from a CMYK split image? More efficient use of ink possibly, or more accurate colors during print? Just wondering. I'm enjoying...
              06-02-2003, 10:46 AM
            • manishbjain
              Why do marked areas disappear
              by manishbjain
              Kindly refer to the attached links.

The areas marked as red colour looks absolutely fine on display (even the calibrated display) but doesnt print when printing. The Original Image was RGB thats converted to CMYK with Black Point Compensation ON which gives me a output that looks fine...
              10-15-2016, 10:40 PM
            • saby
              RGB to CMYK problem
              by saby
              Hi All again,

I saw a thread in a few days, about photo like this picture but I can't find it. When I changed this picture to cmyk (profil EuscaleCoated v2.). I've lost the detail of light at the upper right, as U see. I tried some other profile but it was the same. Can someone help to...
              09-29-2006, 04:24 AM
            Working...
            X