Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

This is a scan of a poloraid pic. Having trouble removing the baby. I only need the head removed. Have tried differant things from clonning and painting to the arm but cant get it to look right. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Need advice

u tried clonning the other arm and then mask it somehow?

Comment

Yes tried the cloning other arm but it is to dark. Tried a curves ajustment but still doesn't look right. All I need is to romove the babies head. Then will crop. It is the only picture that has survided a fire, so don't have another to go off of.

Comment

well it's quite tricky,.. looks dark? try dodge tool

Comment

Still cant get to look right. But here is the croped version. Not much to remove of the baby.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think the problem here is if you just clone out babies head then you are left with too large an area to clone as an arm. Trying this would result in the lady having a very fat looking arm, unless that is you are good at drawing a bust line and the arm itself.

Taking your head and shoulders example my solution is to lasso copy the shoulder strap section as needed. Then using transform tools to stretch and distort to look about right. Then paint on layer mask to hide the odd areas for this layer

To hide the babies face copy a large area of skin from the arm and again transform to stretch to cover head. Then paint over unwanted areas on layer mask

Final step using Patch tool to disguise skin tone changes.

Rest of the work up to you - BTW could not help myself and changed the colour balance as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Tony that is perfect. Good job. Was waiting to do final adjustments when the baby was gone. What part of the shirt did you use?

Comment

Glad you found it helpful.

I used the right side strap (ladies left) and very loosely selected with the polygon tool (knowing that I would be painting out). Then rotated and distorted the image to look about right and masked out uneeded areas.

Just noticed I missed a bit of the babies clothing bottom centre!

Comment

Ok here is my try. using the left part of the tank top and part of her left arm. Just have to remove some smuge and clone.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I missed the babies clothing as well. But realy cant tell if it is part of the shirt or not.

Comment

Looking good! The arm may respond better using the Patch or Healing brush rather than clone tool.

If you wanted to you could copy and paste an area of top over baby clothing and blend in.

For my taste the color balance just a little off towards yellow/green and I would be tempted to increase blue channel highlight slider a touch to neutralise white shirt and hair which I assume is either very dark brown or black

Comment

Here is another idea.
                        Large file if wanted
                        Attached Files

Comment