• Show
Clear All

• hi all. partly over exposed photo

having trouble with this one
    please can i have some of your suggestions to restore this photo
    regards
    exo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by exorcist; 12-05-2002, 05:27 PM.

Thia certainly isn't gospel. I think I would try and clone/patch the existing tree line that is in a desirable contrast, over the over exposed areas, not totally sure about the figure, but I think I would do my best with layer adjustments and then clean up with clone etc..

Certainly not an easy task. I welcome other opinions on the matter too - I hate that my methods take twice as long and are as half as effective.

Comment

I downloaded the pic, and did a very quick fix on it. It is a long way from finished, but it is enough to give you an idea. I duplicated the background layer three different times, and set each duplicate to multiply mode, then used a layer mask on each one. Then I filled the mask with black, and painted with white to darken the lighter parts. Hope this helps a little. It took about 5 minutes.

Ed
      Attached Files

Comment

I copied the laley twice with both set to multiplythen used a white paint brush set to screen to lighten the areas that were to dark and a black brush set to multiply to darken the areas that where still to light. then an unsharpe mask filterset to 80%and 3.8 pixles
        Attached Files

Comment

Another way,
          Duplicate the layer and use the Dodge and Burn tools to get it close to how you'd like it. Don't worry if it looks a bit extreme in some places.
          Then, add a layer mask, and, with a soft brush set at about 50% opacity, fine tune the areas that are too extreme.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tonal Range and Threshhold - My try.

Here is what I came up with in about 15 minutes or so by setting the tonal range and doing a threshhold procedure. I also masked the upper part of the flushed out area and lowered the brightness a bit to get a little better depth.

I think it may be a bit too dark.

Anyway, if you are impressed in any way, let me know. I will try to help further if I can.
            Attached Files

Comment

Vikkis great piccy redone a little

Hi,

I chose Vikkis version because I thought i was the best one and then I added some Levels in photoshop to it and added a little cyan and yellow to it as I thought the picture would bea more true B&W

I hope it looks OK + I also added some small amount of sharpening. It may look terrible - it was done on my uncalibrated laptop

Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X