How to fix that image? World War II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix that image? World War II

Hello dudes, I need your help to fix this photo of my grandfather. Expecially would know how to get rid of those stains in the palms leaves, since I have other pictures to fix with the same problems.
    Thank you.
    PS: using PS cs5.
    Attached Files

Re: How to fix that image? World War II

you would need to know how to paint in what is missing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i want to know how do you would fix it all. Expexcially how to remove those stains. I ould appreciate if somebody would like to fix it to show me his workflow on it.
      PS: sorry for my poor english.

Comment

It looks more difficult than it really is. You have enough palm fronds, clothing, skin and ground texture to cut and paste patches of the photo to make a good result. Be sure and get a good high res scan to start with.

Comment

Thank oyu Repairman, i'll try to do the work but still courious about the way to remove the stain without healing or clonig

Comment

Use the Gradient Map, B&W
            The stain comes out.
            Then add the sepia.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Karmelo!

Welcome to (Benvenuto a) RP!

We got already in touch via PM, so I know that you are Italian too!
              I have to write in English here, but please, let me know if you need anything translated...

It's not very clear if you want help for cleaning the spots among the palm's leaves at the top of the image or if you want to try to reconstruct the big missing part in the centre of your photo.

I went for the reconstruction and as Repairman already mentioned, the only other way to repair the damage I can think of, without using Cloning or Healing is Select>Copy>Move>Paste and adjust from 'good parts' of the picture on the damaged area....

Of course you could also try to draw/paint the missing parts, but, in my opinion, even Leonardo da Vinci would have some problems in making it look 'natural' ....

I couldn't draw to save my life ... so, I went for the Select>Copy>Move>Paste technique ...

My final result (Attachment 1)

A example of the parts I Selected>Copied>Moved>Pasted and adjusted (Attachment 2)

Please, let me know ...
              Attached Files

Comment

i used quickmask to select and put in another layer and aligned with free transform, adjusted with levels and layermask to erase protruding images.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi edbayani!

Very nicely done!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X