Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow problem :)

Hallo,
    I have one problem with shadow and if someone can help me, it should be really nice

At frist I dropped shadow this way - I made b/w person, flipped it and with free transform attached to the body.. at my first final photo I had on the floor blurred shadow.. Than I received many critique about it (not realistic look), so i did this second try. Is here some another way how to drop this kind of shadow? And is it now right or not? For me its too much sharp now..

Thanks a lot for your help and meaning
    Attached Files

Re: Shadow problem

to me it looks a bit to sharp plus to black.
    shadows needs blur but you need just a small amount.
    and the shadow shouldnt be so black

here is an image for ref
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/christ-ian/1159427853/
    Last edited by dataflow; 06-18-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

The shadow is only half the problem Jave. The lighting on the model does not correspond with the background flare which will make any shadow 'incorrect' (except to anchor the feet to the floor). The flared background would generate a contrasty shadow whilst the current lighting on the model would throw a softer and less dense shape. I would resolve the lighting issue before applying a shadow. Look at photo library models or take a snapshot yourself for reference.

Comment

Oh I see.. It's harder than I thought.. thanks

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CKAJCA
            Help with creating shadow
            by CKAJCA
            I am making a composite night time street image in which I am trying to place this couple. The light source is coming from behind and to the left of the couple. Approx in the top left corner of the image I have attached. I have tried using a drop shadow and transforming it and also tried making a shadow...
            08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
          • cendres
            Question on drop shadows and masks
            by cendres
            Probably doing something stupid here, but let me ask the question.

Lets say I have a background image and then I select a person from another image and paste it as a new layer over the background image. When doing this I often have to create a mask on the upper layer to clean up the...
            01-14-2002, 07:40 PM
          • Chip Hildreth
            Casting shadow from 3d object
            by Chip Hildreth
            I need some help, my brain just locks up on this one but it seems their should be a way.

I need to cast a backlit shadow (I know, it looks hokey but that's what the client wants) from the massage table into the foreground.
            The attached JPEG has a flipped and rotated version on...
            04-19-2005, 12:26 PM
          • Canna W
            Help with a bad shadow
            by Canna W
            Another bad shadow! I (very basically) restored and colourized this image for someone, and introduced a shadow.

I am very unsatisfied with the shadow. The child looks as though she is floating. I would much appreciate some help with this....
            07-15-2010, 02:53 AM
          • Lynda99
            How much drop shadow?
            by Lynda99
            I really like earrings floating on white, or maybe with just a tiny bit of shadow at the bottom of the lower earring, but several have told me to anchor more distinctly.

I've looked at the jewelry sites that were recommended as having very good technique, and the shadows vary drastically...
            08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
          Working...
          X