Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching Peach Fuzz HELP

Hey Guys,

So, I'm retouching this beauty image and the client is adamant about keeping skin texture, which is great.

However, when I open the image to 100%, this is what I'm faced with.

I am working with dodge and burn using the clone stamp tool ("Darken" and "Lighten") and the split channel retouching but nothing seems to be getting rid of the peach fuzz while keeping texture.

I'm wondering if I should just clone/heal away and then add skin texture back in? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do so? If not, any more efficient help would be great, as the model's face is completely covered in this stuff.

Here's a 100% view:

http://images.us.viewbook.com/5ba2d8...313626e72e.png

Re: Retouching Peach Fuzz HELP

A crude way it would be to nudge a bit.
    Here is a lower quality gif
    Attached Files

Comment

I just played with the sponge, cross hatch, or angled strokes filters. Turn the settings all the way down and just nudge back up slightly till you get something you like. Might work. Not sure of the context of the picture. At this zoom level it is a blur effect but at actual size it may be smoothing.

Comment

Originally posted by chillin View Post
        A crude way it would be to nudge a bit.
        Here is a lower quality gif
        I'm not sure what you mean by nudge it...Nudge it with the blur tool? Clone?

Comment

Originally posted by AydensGrace View Post
          I'm not sure what you mean by nudge it...Nudge it with the blur tool? Clone?
          Dup, blend darken, nudge & mask.
          Dup result, blend darken, nudge opposite direction.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AydensGrace View Post
            Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if I should just clone/heal away and then add skin texture back in?
            Check out my video on how I deal with any body or facial hair in beauty images, starts at about 1:16 min: http://youtu.be/Z3OAeEGCoR4

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaKuzmenko View Post
              Check out my video on how I deal with any body or facial hair in beauty images, starts at about 1:16 min: http://youtu.be/Z3OAeEGCoR4
              Julia thank you so much for this! This did the trick and I maintained all of the skin texture! Just wonderful! Thank you again!

Comment

My pleasure! I was really happy when I came up with this way of getting rid of the annoying hair

Comment

Nifty solution JK!

Comment

Thanks, Repairman

Comment

I'm experiencing the same situation, even more difficult.
                      Model has face full of fuzz and makeup atrist added powder in excess.
                      In this case how to remove fuzz from the face and at the same time preserving skin texture (what texture?? :-)), especially on the sides of the face
                      Attached Files

Comment

100% is not actual size. at 300DPi 33% is actual size. find out what there final usage is and see if you still see the hair.

Comment

Picture is huge. it certainly will not see if it's posted on the web.
                          Question was about the techniques used by other retouched in such situations.
                          After all D&B rules, but you can afford it spend 2 hour just to shave a cheek. How justify the overtime to the client?

in the coming days I'll post here to take a look

Comment

For me I would do it all by hand with the clone tool at 10% to 30% opacity. cloning on a new layer then setting the layer to lighten and low opacity, then duplicate the layer and set to multiply at a really low opacity. Something like this would only take an hour or two, but thats just me. Its important to know what its intended final use is because you might be retouching things that will never be seen. Another way would be to duplicate the layer and use dust and scratch filter and doing the two layer lighten and darken at low opacities. With a layer mask on it so it will only effect the area you want. Another way would be to make a channel mask of just the hairs and then adjusting the image with an adjustment layer.

Comment

As promised, back with the image.
                              Waiting for your opinions.
                              Unfortunately the forum does not allow more than 100 KB, so the image is quite small.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X