X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcpowder
    • Aug 2013

So much going wrong

Dont really have a strategy in approaching this one,tried working in the blue channel,not getting the results I need,Any advice would be appreciated
    Attached Files
  • Cameraken
    • Feb 2005

Re: So much going wrong

Hi

There are three main problems

1) Texture from the paper – This can be removed with FFT or Noise removal software.
    2) Exposure – Use Levels to set the Black and White points
    3) Cracks – These can be cloned out.

There is one further problem. The bottom half of the picture is darker than the top half. Has this picture been scanned or was it taken with a camera?
    If the image were scanned again flat then the restore would be easier.

Hope this helps

Ken
    Attached Files

Comment

• bcpowder
      • Aug 2013

Re: So much going wrong

Not sure of whether scanned or taken with a camera thanks for your advice.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• tawnidilly
        Need advice on a crackled picture
        by tawnidilly
        Hi,
        I have a picture where almost every square inch is crackled. I dont even know where to start. It was an emailed image and I printed it out at high resolution and scanned it with all settings off and turned it and scanned it again to see if that helped. I did not see a difference. I have no...
        12-24-2008, 05:09 PM
      • emarts
        Cracks, flaking in original: Advice before proceeding
        by emarts
        Hi. Although I've been retouching for a long time, I've not done too many restorations. I was asked by a friend to retore an old photo which looks to me like it was a B/W photo that was hand-colored.

I've attached a cropped version of it so you can see the detail of what I'm working...
        09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
      • Cameraken
        FFT and Golf Balls
        by Cameraken
        This photograph is a small part of a long panoramic group photo.
        It has been scanned following all the suggestions / tutorials on this site and this is the best I can get.

I am not asking for anyone to restore this but I hope to get some suggestions on the golf ball texture....
        05-24-2005, 10:51 AM
      • Brainiac
        Advice needed on the best way to restore image.
        by Brainiac
        Hello. This is my first post to your forum. I need some advice on the best way to restore this picture without making the happy couple look like a pair of clowns.

The picture was scanned from the original at 1200 dpi. It looks like a colour wash of some kind was applied to it, either...
        01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
      • drettig
        Removal of photographic paper texture
        by drettig
        Hi All
        yes I am new here....
        I have an uneven faded color picture which I decided to transform to black and white for restoration, which by itself is not the problem
        The problem is ridding the picture of the photographic paper texture (matt/bumpy..)
        I tried using the FFT...
        11-26-2005, 04:12 AM
      Working...
      X