X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Needham
    replied
    Re: Wave over a person

I'm no photographer and only will be guessing but....

Lock off the camera and take shot of the tide, wait for tide to go out and lie down (approach from waves, footprints!) or other side and Photoshop . Take as many shots of the tide (insert correct term for it here) as needed and get back to the studio.

I would then guess a pretty neat masking job for the sea and some liquify/warp to transform it. Shadows added and or enhanced by d&b and or a drop shadow on the sea mask layer.

Of course I am guessing and I would be interested to hear how others with more technical know how would approach it.

Leave a comment:

• rosierosierosie
    started a topic Wave over a person

Wave over a person

Hi I would like to know how you achieve this effect, its a picture of a wave of a person laying down on a beach. thank you
    Attached Files

Related Topics

Collapse

• chilejam
    Shaking Hands with Myself or Hugging Myself
    by chilejam
    Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to ask this. It's my first time.

I want to create a picture of myself (or anyone else) where they are actually in the same picture TWICE. Now, getting the same person in the picture, side by side, is easy. No overlapping body parts,...
    03-04-2010, 07:55 PM
  • Jiger
    Overdoing - but for the hell of it ...
    by Jiger
    Hi all !

Been a while since last, but you know - "better late than never" ...

Okay, this is classed as superflous and overdoing ( as in not really needed at all ), but - well, you know.
    Got this image that's planned for a makeup commercial ( website and...
    12-16-2005, 10:05 AM
  • Pics2
    Clay models and applying texture and color
    by Pics2
    I'm trying to use clay models in my studio photography. For example, I want to twist and bend objects in unrealistic way (scissors, chair legs etc), or to make miniature objects. I already made bended parts of objects out of clay. My idea is to use clay models for shadows, shape and perspective. But,...
    03-08-2013, 02:40 PM
  • quarte
    Inserting myself: HOW not to look fake?
    by quarte
    Hello All,

I'm new in this restoration, retouching and manipulation thing and i'm struggling with some techniques ...
    I would like to put myself in a situation (picture) that i'm not originally in. Attached is my best shot and it's not good enough ...
    Any suggestions...
    10-11-2003, 05:33 PM
  • goncaloclaro
    How can i get this look??
    by goncaloclaro
    Hi there

This is my first post in here, im really glad that i've found this forum, because im actually seeing people that really know so many things about retouching.

I work as a photographer and i really want to improve my retouching skills, because i cant afford to pay...
    05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Working...
X